Friday, December 17, 2004

Now what?

Two weeks ago, when C had A for the weekend and we went and stayed with his family for the weekend - that Friday night's the last time I spent time apart from C.

I am tonight, too. I told him I'd stay home to give him time with A tonight and tomorrow. I think it's important that just the two of them do things together. Tomorrow night we're all going to go driving around the suburbs looking at the houses all done up with Christmas lights (sooo family-like and unfamiliar to me, but should be good - I'm learning). On Sunday, C's brother and his family are coming down and I think we're doing Christmassy family stuff with them.

But right now, I have the night to myself and all of tomorrow to myself as well. All this time and not a lot to do. Sure, I could do a number of things, like clean my house (which will happen eventually), do some Christmas shopping (not likely, when you consider mixing sweltering heat and crazed shoppers), look for other places to rent (still keeping a backup plan).

I have to go to my girlfriend Josie's place tonight. I booked and paid for our flights for our girls' weekend away to Sydney in January, so I'm going up to her house to collect some money for that and to talk about accommodation. Can you comprehend how hard it is to arrange inexpensive accommodation for five women for two nights? We're happy to share rooms and beds, but seriously, that tends to freak people out when you say you're happy to sleep three women in a room with only a queen sized bed and a fold out and you want another adjoining room. I think we'll end up getting a two bedroom apartment, but keeping it cheap will be the trick.

I have a 9.30am appointment with Dr Fun-Killer tomorrow morning. I only have a few more kilos to go till I reach my goal. Strangely, I really don't have a goal. Dr F-K gave me a weight he'd like me to be at, but I didn't actually set out to achieve a certain weight - just to tone up and lose body fat. So, I'm only a few kilos away from Dr F-K's goal weight for me. Until last week, it still seemed a long way off, but now it feels closer. I think it'll take another 5 or 6 weeks, then it'll be a case of just maintaining and that should be fairly straight forward. I'm used to my change in diet now, and that's been the hardest thing to adjust to.

So...I have the next 24 hours pretty much to myself and it feels a little strange. I really like having my own space, but now that I have it, I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Makes me realise how easy things have been with C - I like my space, but I haven't been craving for it like I expected to.

Think I might just spend some quality time with my cats tomorrow....and put my music up loud and dance around my house like a nutcase....just because I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

"Think I might just spend some quality time with my cats tomorrow....and put my music up loud and dance around my house like a nutcase...."

We deserve to see that on video...

6:43 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

We'll have to start calling you 'Crazy Cat Woman' if you dance with your cats! (That IS what you said, wasn't it? LOL)

Ahhh, a night to yourself! And unable to think of what to do with it! I'm sure you will be entertaining yourself in no time. But it's got to feel good to realize how comfortable it is with C (all posts have been good lately, from what I can see!)! I'm so thrilled for you and hope it keeps going as well.

As for going out and looking at lights with the kid, there's something about spending Cmas with a child. I can't remember how old you said he was, or if he even believes in Santa still, but kids somehow haven't been jaded by the same cynicism that we have around Cmas.. so I always find it a different experience, maybe you will to. ENJOY!

((((((((((E))))))))))

a

10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home