Friday, December 17, 2004

Whose shirt is that?

Ever notice when you're driving along that there's stuff on the road, and you wonder how it got there?

I'm in the car up to three hours a day now and I've seen the strangest things lying in the middle of the road and it just makes me wonder how they got there. Like a single shoe. Or an old t-shirt. Or plastic bags with what looks like clothes in them. Or boxes. Pieces of rope. Or dolls.

And they're never in the middle of the lane. They're always to the side, or just on the centre line - like they've been strategically placed.

Do people throw these things out the car window as they're going along? Why?

And why do birds choose the precise moment you're driving past to decide to cross the road? Do birds play chicken? Is it a game to mess with our heads? Why, if their little wings are supposed to produce airlift, do they choose to fly at a level that, if not timed correctly, will propel them into a windshield or radiator grill? If I could fly, I wouldn't be flying a metre off the ground and tempting fate with speeding cars.

I need to get new cds for my car. I'm thinking far too much!

6 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Nameless, I've seen two really pretty cats that've been hit in the last week or so, on the same stretch of road. Makes me feel awful and think of my own two - and why I'm so glad they're paranoid of everything and don't venture too far away from home.

EJ, dontcha hate that? You can almost see them weighing up if they're gonna make it or not. Must be like humans and just misjudge sometimes.

11:35 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I once saw a bird fly straight across the road and collide with the helmet of an oncoming motorcyclist. The bird exploded...

3:07 pm  
Blogger Bradley Robb said...

As long as it's not one of my shirts, I'm not too bothered.

-Brad

4:09 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I used to know a guy who picked up his wardrobe from the side of the road. LOL He said all he had to do was wash it and it was usually fine! (Needless to say, he was single most of the time I knew him... I wonder why!)

a

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know just the other day, I saw an old mattress on the side of the road, crazy!! --Jass

5:28 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hey there Jassy girl! Good to see you chica!

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home