Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life, as it is

Not a lot has been going on in my world lately - well, not much that's worth commenting on in any detail. I've only worked one or two days a week for the last month, which has been stressful. I feel like I was this time last year, watching the savings drain away again. But good stuff is happening now and things are picking up. I start a new contract job tomorrow, that looks interesting. All I need now is to find a decent housemate in the next 6 weeks.

I caught up with D again yesterday. It was supposed to be a quick chat while he dropped off some gym gear he's giving me, but, before we knew it, it turned into more than 4 hours of sitting and chatting over breakfast/lunch at a sidewalk cafe. There aren't many people I can feel that relaxed with that I don't even notice time passing. We talked about how easily we relate. I'm telling myself it's a good thing we met so close to when he's leaving, because I'm sure it would have been much harder to deal with if we'd have been able to spend more time together. He has one more weekend here. If he manages to organise himself so that he has enough free time, we will head up to a waterfall/lookout area I found a few months back. I told him about it and he asked if I could take him there if he could spare the time.

As much as I'd like otherwise, I'm glad there's been no intimacy or romance. That would just make things more difficult to deal with two weeks from now. If he decides to come back in 5 or 6 months, I'm sure we'll still be really good friends. We have a long "we have to do that" list.

Meanwhile, I've been invited over for dinner tonight with a guy who appears very keen - much more than I am - but I'm following the 'accept all opportunities' theory and just going with the flow. If D would have a complete opposite, it is this person. So I'm curious to find out the reason I crossed paths with both people at the same time.

Two more quick pieces of news...

My brother is getting married at the end of November. I don't want to go.

My niece had a car accident, hit her head, and ended up in hospital again, but she's ok. Sigh...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Oy geeze.
This isn't the same niece who just had surgery, right?
Oh please say it's not....

Dunno how you could NOT be stressed--when I was limited at the worksite in hours it made me absolutely bonkers.
Too much think time.
Too much unstructured time to fill.

Oh gosh. I don't believe I'm complaining about that! LOL

I need a day off to go walking in the woodsiness. *sigh* What a beautiful place to just wander about........

10:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What hapened to the other guy - the one you talked to on email for about a year before meeting?

6:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my. I hope things start looking up for your niece soon!

Yep, I'm watching the savings drain away and trying not to panic. Glad things are looking up for you. I may have to start temping if something doesn't come up soon.

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home