Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So, how are you feeling?

I had my annual girl check up today, and got more than I bargained for. It started off as normal, with a brief chat about my medical history. The good thing is it's been positive for the last 12 months, so I'm pretty confident I'll get another clear result in a couple of weeks.

What was weird was the conversation that took place during and after the check. I know they're supposed to keep you engaged so you don't think about the uncomfort and I went along with the chat. It started getting strange when she looked at me and I felt as though she was almost reading my mind. She asked questions that were so pointed and so appropriate to my current life experiences that I had to keep looking away from her.

At one point, I was on the verge of tears, although I tried not to show it. She was asking if I was stressed, do I relax enough, am I taking time out for myself, am I feeling alright, do I say "no" enough.? General questions sure, but the way she asked was if she already knew what I was going to say...or what I wasn't going to say. I can't even really describe it. I answered what I could.

When I left, my heart was racing so much that I had to consciously take deep breaths to calm myself down. Strange afternoon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

(((((((E))))))))

I absolutely HATE it when that happens. Although, for me, it always means it's time to sit up and really take note. The powers that be are trying to tell me something.

Like I always say - take care of YOU!!! You're too important to me.

By the way, I'm just saving up the money for you to come play here. It may take a decade, but I WILL make it happen! (Being that it's been 5 years almost since I've seen you!!!!)

HUGS

S

9:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering where the Doc was, perhaps she had another reason for asking if you were tense :D

12:48 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

She sounds like a bit of the therapist, although I'm not sure that's stuff I'd want to talk about during my annual girly checkup! It would've been nice if she could've waited, still asked the questions after it was all done, since the fact you were tensing up surely didn't help her. Still, when tears come to the surface, it definitely means that's something to look at! That's the only thing I learned in therapy!!

((((((((((((((E))))))))))))))))

anne

1:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm... well, either it's karmic coincidence (and therefore you should pay attention) or it's just that obvious (and therefore you should pay attention).

This is probably the pot and the kettle, but don't forget to take a step back and try not to let the bastards get you down! :)

6:38 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

(((((((((( E ))))))))))

Sounds like you know what you need to do--it's just doing it, eh?

Please, please, please take good care of you?

And quit teleporting those nurses with the valid and ooky spooky questions my way, will ya?

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home