Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yep, time flies!

So, what's new this week?

My nutty sister has been quite normal lately. She's actually been kinda fun to talk to, although she does call a bit too often and tries to stay on the phone longer than I'd like. But it's nice to not be thinking about who or what she's scamming. She seems to have found her 'thing' making and selling jewellery on 3b@y.

My niece is doing well. Who the heck knows how, but she convinced her doctor to send her home the next day after her operation! Can't say I was impressed with that. She does seem to be doing well. The fibrillations haven't stopped completely, although they should stop almost altogether over time. I know I'm going to sound like someone's mother when I say this, but I also wasn't pleased when she told me that she had been asked to model in a hairdressing fashion show thing on the weekend. I do know I'm overprotective of her, as much as I can be from a distance. Anyway, she was totally excited about it and wanted to do it because it was the first time in her life she did something fun that was just for herself. (And to think she feels like that at 29yo makes me sad.) So I'm happy for her.

And, today, I met D. Yes, it was supposed to be Sunday, but he had a fall inline skating on Sunday morning and couldn't walk. He sent me an email apologising profusely and saying he'd do "anything" to make it up to me. Silly boy! I didn't hold him to that, by the way. :p

It's been a long time since I felt so comfortable with someone. The day was fabulous. We drove out to a country suburb and had a late breakfast and just talked. When we left, he asked if I wanted to see him again, considering he's leaving in a few weeks. I said absolutely. I have no idea what's going to happen. Finding out should be interesting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't told him yet you're going with him?

I'm a bit curious as to why he is even starting to date when he is going away for so long, so soon. I mean what's the point, you know?

12:30 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I'm not as curious as SJ. He is being upfront about going away so it's not a surprise when he goes. He obviously met someone he felt a connection with and a few weeks of having fun never hurt anyone. If you keep in touch and he comes back in 5 months as planned, you both might very well have something nice to look forward to. But I'm definitely a rose-colored glasses girl these days! Why not?

Enjoy!
Anne

2:51 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL, actually Jones, I did tell him I'd already booked a flight. :p

I'll quote him about the timing, rather than try to explain stuff myself. "I..agree about the timing, and honestly...if it were anyone but you - I would have thought there is little point. But..there are subtle...things...I have noticed about you...which I just can't ignore."

And Anne's right. I know what I'm getting myself into, coz he's been honest, so he's not responsible for whatever fallout I get to deal with.

9:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honesty is the most important thing, you're right. I'm just suspicious of everyone, as you know ;)

6:24 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

We need to work on Jones.....

:-)

9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home