Sunday, September 28, 2008

Anniversaries

Yesterday was the football grand final. (Ian, H@wthorn beat G33long, if you care.) I didn't watch it. I was too busy getting a massage. *Note to everyone - shop while the football is on; you'll be alone.*

There I was, lying down peacefully, having my shoulders soothed, and it occurred to me that it was two years to the day that I called Tony and told him I was done with the relationship. Getting really specific, the date is today, but the day was yesterday.

The last two years have been eventful (haha, when's my life not eventful?) and more trying than I could have anticipated, but I think, overall, I'm happier. The idea of another relationship has not been appealing, for the most part. I've spent a bunch of time this year talking to M. We eventually met last weekend and got on fine, but what was there a couple of months ago wasn't there when we met. That was mostly due to me being frustrated with him taking so long to decide when to meet, so I distanced myself emotionally. I've never learnt how to get back to that point once I've lost it. We're still in contact, but it's not the same. Actually, for him, it is and I don't quite understand how that can be.

But, today, two years from the day I said goodbye to someone, I'm saying hello to someone else. The word 'date' bugs me a little and I don't like to use it in instances like this, because it implies (to me) romance. I'm catching up with D for coffee and pancakes. As far as expectations, I expect to get on well. He seems fun. You know there's a hitch, though, right? He's going overseas for five months in November. That doesn't bother me at all, coz I have no chickens to count at the moment. All I know is we talk easily and that's really all that matters. Otherwise, I may have to eat my pancakes quickly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Vic teams in the Grand Final? That's a rarity :)

You could always go overseas with him for 5 months. You'll have no where to live by November anyway ;)

6:24 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

That was two years ago, huh?

*sigh*

Where does the time go?

9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Mel on this one--two years??? My mind is boggled. I hope that your pancake "meeting" went well, and I am so envious of your massage!!

5:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home