Sunday, May 11, 2008

Down to business

There I was, happily back at class again, three times a week, thinking, "Ooh, this is good, I'm getting some good advice and skills here, but gee there's a lot to learn and our final assessment is going to be pretty difficult to complete in eight weeks, with everything else going on".

Yesterday, and I don't know why it didn't occur to me to do it previously, I read some of the first page or two of our assessment books. Who needs to read those, right? Just skip to the part that tells me exactly what I need to do, so I can get it done - I know why I'm doing it. Ok, I thought I knew why.

It turns out I'm working towards two certificates in small business and a business diploma. Holy cow! I have no idea why I didn't already know that.

Now I know why there is a page of 'recommended reading' business books (translate: you should read these while doing the course) to get through. Thankfully, I already have a few on the list. Now I know why an extra eight weeks of study is costing me so much.

It's going to be hard, but I'm enjoying it, even if it means I'll be writing business systems and marketing plans in my sleep, whilst I subliminally absorb books on tape.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Are these the Horse & the Goose? Both of those took me a whole weekend each to do, 9-6.

3:38 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I wish! No, I finished those in Cert IV back in March. This is huge in comparison. It's a whole workbook to complete on setting up and starting your own business. I'll have to show you when you get here.

10:48 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Great!

Cuz if some is good, MORE is better!

<-- can easily say that cuz it's not my arse doing all the work....LOL

11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Well, good for you! Good luck surviving the course work :)

4:03 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy cow! Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, but certainly nothing you can't handle. I know I sound like a broken record, but it really is so incredible to watch you go through this process.

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home