Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thoughts and dreams

The annoying thing about self-fulfilling prophecies is that sometimes they're fulfilled. Other times, not. Other times, you just can't tell. But, in other news...

I had a dream last night. Not a nice one. I was in a house with someone who was obviously my partner. I can't recall all the details to get us to the point, but we had to quickly shut ourselves into a cellar, by going through a door and down some stairs, because we needed to get away from someone.

Whoever my partner was, he got through the door. By the time it was my turn, someone else had come into the house (I think we were standing in the kitchen). I shut the door, so they wouldn't know my partner had already gone to hide and I outstretched my other arm to try to keep the person at bay.

He grabbed my wrist, took a small knife from his jacket, and carefully cut the vein in my wrist. I thought to myself it would hurt more if I looked, so I turned away as he did it. There wasn't a struggle. I was resigned to the fact he was going to do it and there was nothing I could do. I slumped to the floor and could literally feel the life draining out of me. Even when I woke up, it was such a strange sensation.

After he cut my wrist, I was on my knees and had fallen against his legs, as he stood. He leaned my head against his thighs, lifted my hair, took the knife and made another cut into my spine at the base of my skull. Again, I could feel my life literally draining away. It didn't hurt. It felt almost like I was simply getting heavier and heavier, but I was going to be asleep soon and that would be that.

I woke up at that point and still felt that way. It took a good half hour or so for me to adjust back to reality.

I'd had not the most pleasant of conversations prior to going to sleep, so I'm sure the dream is somehow related. It's a while since I've experienced such a vivid dream, though and I'm not keen on having another like it any time soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Yet another dream that's like a scene from a movie. The guy who slit your wrist wasn't Kevin Spacey by any chance was it? :)

They say dreams are our way of dealing with the events of the day, so you're probably right in that whatever the conversation was before bedtime, it affected the dream in some form.

But now you have to tell us all about the self-fulfilling prophecy. No point teasing us :)

4:32 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

Ummm I'm just giving you a hug. I miss you by the way!! (This is Sara if you haven't figured the name change yet.)

If it makes you feel any better (which I know it won't) I had a dream last night that Michael and I had an argument, and he hit me in the head with a rather large metal plumbing joint. This however hurt quite a lot in the dream.

HUGS sweetie!

S

10:25 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Good grief, honey! I've said it before and I'll say it again- we WERE separated at birth. I've been having horrible nightmares lately and am ready to be done with it.

That nightmare sounds like a doosy (oops, I think I just channeled my grandmother with that word.)

I hope that's the last you'll ever see of that dream. Yikes.

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home