Friday, November 23, 2007

I just have to laugh

Seriously, I'm speechless. Dad's Army could run this place better than the people here.

With four days to go and a major project to complete, our airhead HR girl turned up this morning with the girl who's starting full time in mid December, expecting me to train her....as well as my current temp and the network guy who was thrown into the mix unaware on Tuesday. Train/supervise three people and get the project done by next Wednesday? Not going to happen.

I've told all three to look after things between themselves as best they can and ask me when they need clarification on things. It's the only way stuff will get done.

And my boss. My oh so communicative boss. He called me into his office this morning and said something intelligent like, "So, it's your last day today". Um, no. I told him I finish next Wednesday. He mumbled rubbish about he's sorry things didn't work out. I replied that I didn't believe that at all. That was met with silence, before he proceeded to ask me if I wanted to work on any of the project sites around the city. Um, no. He suggested I didn't like working in construction. I said, in fact, I do like working in construction, but I'll find my own job thanks.

Just a few more sleeps...

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You just like working in construction so you can wear jeans that show your butt crack :)

6:25 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Did you vote yet?

6:26 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ooh yeah, that's a look I go for in the office! hehehehe

Having said that, I wore my favourite pair of nearly-too-low-cut (at least for me) jean shorts to vote. I spilt sprite all down the jeans I was wearing and had to change in a hurry to get there in time. There was only one other person there, so it was all good.

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home