Friday, May 11, 2007

Spicks and specks

The downside of giving someone all your extra money, to help them, because they need it more, is that you end up with no money. I hate having no money. I like that I'm able to help... and I know I'll get paid again each month. It's a trade off.

I found someone at work to admire (read: swoon over) from a distance. That's how it will stay and I'm ok with that, especially considering my next point below.

Dr Ruth told me yesterday that she thinks I shouldn't think about a relationship with a boy for at least two years. She then said I probably wouldn't do that. She might be right. For the moment, though, I know I'm nowhere near to wanting a boy around all the time. In fact, one of the guys I work with basically said it's glaringly obvious I'm not ready. He's right, too...and too perceptive for his own good. In the meantime, I'm fine with staring at the hottie guy....and dropping everything else I'm doing to help when he asks. He told someone today I'm the most important person in the company. So I like him even more now. haha

My boss backed me up on something today that I really didn't think he would. I was incredibly angry about a situation (one of a number of stupid issues this week) and requested that he deal with it. Everyone said he wouldn't, because he's not supportive in that way. He did. In fact he went beyond what I expected. It restored my faith in 'the system' a little.

I'll be back at the gym early tomorrow morning. Probably around 6.30am. My body only stopped hurting today. Methinks I should get used to being in pain for a while. Pain is good....

Yesterday, I started taking the drugs I stopped taking when I got gastro (or whatever it was) the other week. Dr Ruth agreed with me that the only way to know if they made me sick, or not, would be to take them again and see what happens. I'd resigned myself to having to do that, but I'm hoping now that it was some sort of virus. Having another week like that would not be fun.

And that's all I can remember I wanted to say, for now.

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Ohhh, I don't know... I mean at your age can you afford to wait a couple of years? ;)

7:52 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL well you know there won't be any fish in the sea in the next 20-40 years, so I think I probably have less luck with proverbial ones. Maybe I shouldn't wait after all. :p

7:58 pm  
Blogger Callie said...

*smiles

I think you are so awesome!

callie

11:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think admiring people from afar can be the most fun of all relationship aspects ;) I mean, you don't have to deal with them in a "real" way, you can fantasize in your head that they're the perfect man, and just enjoy looking!

4:14 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Well, GOOD that the boss came through when he needed to.
And here's hoping it really WAS gastro stuff and not the meds.

Ya know, that old 'keep a plant alive for two years and THEN see me about having a relationship' deal ain't a bad thing. I bowed out of relationships and killed a number of plants.
Some I killed with malice and forethought, I confess. :-D

12:23 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Mel, is that last sentence in reference to the relationships or the plants? :p

1:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

ROFLMAO!!! I can't keep plants alive. Ironic, considering both sides of my family worked on the sugar plantations and pineapple fields.

I did take a few years off of dating after leaving Tom. He really is an emotional leech- needed to regenerate the chi. Haha. Even then, I still needed the token "emotional buffer" guy (Trav). So really, I went about 4 years without actually forming an emotionally attached relationship. Whether or not that was healthy? Well, who knows. I don't think I was happy at the time, but in the end, I did rebuild my confidence.

Any reason why 2 years?

2:40 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Nice to be heard and respected by the boss. Good for you! (and him!)

I'd be veerrrry careful this time as you start the drugs again. FIRST sign of distress, I'd bail! (Of course, hoping THIS time you'll be fine!)

Hmm...2 years. I think Dr. Ruth has a good point but 2 years is a long time. Almost seems like too much pressure for you to stick to that time frame. One month at a time, maybe??

4:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home