Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh my...

Today didn't start out quite how I planned. I was supposed to get up early, go to gym, then trundle off to work, feeling all healthy and inspired. That would have happened if I turned my alarm on. Instead, I set the time, but forgot to flick the switch to make sure it went off. I woke up just as I would have been finishing my session. I rang the trainer and told him I'd be in after work. And I was. Now I have one word to say. Ouch.

Well, three words. Ouch, ouch, ouch. No, not right now. At the moment, I'm in no pain, because there is no feeling left in my body. Tomorrow, I will hurt. A lot.

I don't think I've worked so hard at exercise in my life. Having someone there to push me the whole time was good and it was nice to have encouragement. Considering I haven't been inside a gym in two years, my strength is still pretty good. The trainer was impressed, so my ego got a bit of a boost.

I'll be going back first thing Wednesday morning - and making sure I set my alarm properly, so I get there on time - and I'll be doing a physical test. It's not something I'm looking forward to. Pushing myself at 6am is going to bite big time.

Two things I must remember not to say in front of a personal trainer ever again.

"Yeah, I'm ok, that was pretty easy."
"It's ok, I have a massage booked for tomorrow."

The first day is over, though, and I'm so glad I went, even if my muscles were burning, my arms were dead and I'm only just getting the feeling back in my legs.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Pre-work sessions are hard to get up for, so good or you if you can manage them. I somehow always "slept in" during the winter months... :)

9:39 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I spent two days psyching myself up to get up early, even if it was cold...and I stuffed it up haha.

I'm determined to go in the mornings. I don't know why I want to torture myself like that, but there ya go.

When are you coming back? :-(

9:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gurl,

good luck with that one!

callie

10:42 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

And you sign up for this willingly?!

*shaking head*
I'm stickin' with sidewalk chalk.

11:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing!! I love that workout after burn, I truly do. And then I find that I can't wait for the next one!

5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home