Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I need to soak

....in a bath of muscle relaxers. That's the one thing I dislike about this tiny house. No bath. Sigh...

Anyway, apart from not being able to extend my arms, do my hair or turn the steering wheel in the car, I felt good this morning. By this afternoon, my chest was starting to get a bit tight. I was glad I was booked in for a massage and acupuncture.

Once I lay down on that damn table, they poked and prodded muscles I'd forgotten I had and by the time they were done, I struggled to roll onto my back for the acupuncture. But before that happened, the woman (who's a professor of chinese medicine, or something impressive like that) massaged my chest, shoulders and head. Who knew one's chest could hurt so much? Geeez!

It took all my effort to get off the table and put my shirt and shoes back on.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Gym at 6am, get to work around 7.30, shower, change and have a meeting at 9am. Just me and the two bosses from the start up company we've agreed to go with for our telco services. I think as long as we just talk and I don't have to show them around anything, we'll be fine. Otherwise, I might require a chair with wheels and someone to roll me up and down the corridors.

(Hey, weird coincidence....when I told the trainer my full name, he said, "Hey, I have another E [mylastname] here". He only has 40 clients. She lives in the same suburb as me. I know this because when I first moved here, I checked the phone book to see how easily the stranger I lived with would be able to find me. Her name is Emily and I missed her by literally a minute or two on Monday. It'll be kinda strange to meet her. Not sure why, but it will.)

Oh, someone remind me I have an appointment with Dr Ruth at 1pm on Thursday. I'm sure to forget!

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I wonder if acupuncture is goood to help cure pins & needles? :)

9:48 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Hey! Maybe you're distantly related!?

Excuse me? They massaged your chest?

:-O

11:29 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha I wouldn't be surprised Jones. It's cured everything else I've had so far. :p

LOL Mel! Um, well actually when I did my massage course, they taught us how to do a proper chest massage - there is such a thing! But what I was given was more above the chest area and around my collar bones area.

Gotta say the gym must be doing something with the underlying muscles though...my boobs hurt just walking this morning. LOL (Jones, forget you read that bit!)

8:57 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

You need a boob massage :)

12:43 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oy!

Well, whatever works, right? ;)

5:40 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Jones, I probably do. :-/ And my arms, neck, back, legs....

7:10 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Come on then... anything to help... :)

8:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like heaven to me!

Tagged you when you get a sec :p

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home