Thursday, March 08, 2007

The 'talk'

The Talk was had last night. Very late and probably not at the most ideal of times. Having said that, it went much better than we both expected. I asked him if he thought we had a status. He said that it looked like we have a status, but we definitely do not have a status.

Works for me.

He made and packed lunch for me today. Thoughtful boy.

It was my intention to simply ask if he thought we had a status. He surprised me by expanding on it and the whole thing became a damn honest conversation...when really, we were both ready to pass out from tiredness.

Neither of us expected things to get to where they are. I guess we're surprised we get on like we do, considering how different we are. He says he doesn't think about 'us' (even though there's no 'us') on the weekends. Ha, I thought he was talking about all the propositions he gets (and fwiw, turns down)....till he said that it's just that he likes taking the drugs too much. Hmmm, ok. Realistically, I'd say it's both and the freedom of having no relationship restrictions. He didn't have to say anything about anything, so I give him kudos for saying what he thinks and how he feels.

He said he gets lonely sometimes. That, I understand perfectly, and it's probably one of the bigger reasons I'm relatively content about the way things are. It suits us to maintain our independence.

Apparently, I said something to him three weeks ago that bothered him. He couldn't remember what it was, or where, but after thinking about it, I know I made some comments after go-karting and I could tell they didn't go down well. Something along the lines of us being so different and that I liked him, as a person, before I knew about his lifestyle and that I'm glad it was like that, or I probably wouldn't have had anything to do with him. Eh, I can see how that would sound....and it's true.

He told me he thinks one day I'm going to change and I'll think he's an arsehole, because he's not going to change. My reply was that I'd bail out if I thought that even looked remotely likely.

I had one basic request that he be honest with me and that we make sure we're always on the same page. If either of us moves off it, we let the other know. We agreed on that.

I ended the conversation by saying, "You're ok. Go to sleep."
He said, "You're not too bad yourself."

Lunch was a very nice cheese tortellini, followed by fruit.

6 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Hmmm... *raising one eyebrow* well, THAT's interesting, now isn't it??? ;)

Can't wait to hear the rest.

8:56 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh.

Wow.....
Gosh.


Hmmmmmmmmmm.

*stalling!!*

3:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the rest either! It's like a mini soap :p

6:19 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Well, as long as he's not as deluded about "things as they are" as Waffles is/was...

11:22 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Yep.....gotta love the smiley stuff!!

:-/

Ya know...it's not his being deluded I'm worried about, dontcha?

OMGosh.......I just admitted to worry.
Sorry, sorry, sorry!!

I care about you heaps and bunches.
LOTSA!!

3:43 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

((((((((mel)))))))))

No need to worry, really. Not at the moment, anyway. LOL

Eh, I'll make this into a post...

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home