Friday, March 02, 2007

You never know...

....what's going on right around the corner.

....Till you see the police helicopters and it's on the internet news.

Lunch was eventful today. Each week, we try a different local pub to have lunch at. We drove further than normal today, only to discover the pub we chose was closed. So we opted for a Plan B pub, which also turned out to be closed. Eventually, we agreed to go to a (rather expensive) bar/club/restaurant. It's one of those places you'd start at on a Friday or Saturday night out, before you kicked on elsewhere. More than we'd usually pay for lunch, but it was that, or McDonalds drive through - and that wasn't an option. (You know, it never occurs to me that I'm the only girl at our lunches, with up to 8 guys, until the waiters give me strange looks. But that's another post.)

Due to all the driving around, lunch took longer than usual. We got back to the office and were all going about our work when one guy commented about the noise of aircraft in the area (which isn't something you'd normally mention about our location).

A couple of minutes later, someone told us a body of a woman had been found in the river just behind our office. Not exactly the type of thing you want to contemplate too long.

When we go for our lunchtime walks, we walk along the river in the opposite direction. I'm glad about that now.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Now you know why I left so suddenly :)

1:54 am  
Blogger caro said...

Oh wow, that's pretty unsual!

It *is* unsual, isn't it?

I work in Camden, which was the top rated city in the US for crime for many, many years and even we've never had that since I've been working there.

I'd be a bit freaked out if I were you! *hugs*

11:45 am  
Blogger Mel said...

k...
That's a WE walk the river in the opposite direction.
As in you and MORE people.
So......like......you won't EVER go it alone, right?
IN ANY DIRECTION!!!

k...

12:00 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Great, SJ. Does me holding all your belongings mean I've assisted a fugitive? Is there 'evidence' here that I should know about?

Caro, I'm not so freaked out as, "wow, that's a little close".

Mel, is this where I don't mention that I've been wanting to do that walk by myself, on a weekend, for a while now? Tomorrow would probably be the best time to do it, with all those police still around, but I think I'll take it off my to do list for now.

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home