Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Psyched up

I had another appointment with my psychologist this morning. Usually, I get in there and just start crying about whatever's on my mind. Today was slightly better and we had a good, happy chat about the things I'd been up to since I last saw her.

Then I started talking about my niece in Italy. I don't think I've said much, if anything, on here about what's going on with her. It's bad. Bad enough that my sister (the sane one who just moved to Perth) and I are trying to figure out how to get her and her 4 daughters back to AU. That was when I got teary. It's too draining to go into it now. I probably should at some stage, just to get it all out properly.

The box of tissues didn't get as much of a beating as usual, so maybe I am getting better at dealing with things. I spoke about the anti-me. Gee, it's weird talking about intimate stuff with her! I spoke about my online social group, and about my camping trip with the guys from work.

I'm still dealing with breaking up with T. That's something I really am not used to. Normally, I bounce back faster than this. Dr R has a way of spelling out the stuff that stings ("he must not have been that great and really didn't care as much about you as he said he did, if he was able to move on to someone else so quickly" - Ouch!) in a way that makes me agree with her. It hurts, but it makes sense. Doesn't mean I like it though!

Towards the end of the session, I said I think I need hypnotherapy. She asked what for. I couldn't really explain why and that's interesting, because last year I was so sure I knew exactly what I wanted 'fixing'. She told me that I was already doing my own hypnotherapy and that going out and being social - and smiling - was hypnotherapy of sorts, because you're thinking positive thoughts.

So she asked me again why I thought I needed hypnotherapy. My answer mustn't have been all that convincing, because she's given me till my next session (3 weeks) to come up with a reasonable justification. Damn, she's tough on me sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'm not always fond of moments when the obvious gets stated to me, either.
But I no longer resort to violence when it's done, so that's a good thing....right?
(I think it's cuz wisepersoninmylife stands about 6'9" and could 'take me' in a heartbeat...LOL)

Hmmmm...How big IS this psychologist?
JUST askin'!!

Can we know the 'good justification' when you discover it? (Might wanna steal it and use it somewhere)

*sending prayers and positive thoughts for the nieces/family*

1:02 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hehe and here I was thinking you might be able to come up with a good justification for me. :-p

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home