Thursday, February 22, 2007

Spoilt

Remember I mentioned to our phone supplier that I wouldn't mind a new phone? It was delivered today and I happened to miss the guy when he came.

The phone is nice. Lots of cool features. It's mine for two weeks, to see if I like it. In the meantime, the supplier is going to see what he can get from his Nokia guy.

The trouble is, it's not exactly what I want. Not that I know exactly what I want. Nor should I be complaining, since I didn't pay for it! It just feels like this phone isn't it. Perhaps I've just gotten used to my Motorola, which is a flip phone.....something I also didn't think I really wanted, when I first got it.

The one I've been given isn't exactly a cheap phone, but it's not close to being the most expensive either. I'm going to see if I can push my luck in a couple of weeks time and ask for something that I think I'll like more, for an equivalent price.

I'm also considering putting pressure on the company that supplies some of our software, cameras etc. There's a very nice little Canon digital I like!

Our ordering has increased 6 fold in the last month! There are a bunch of seriously major new projects starting up. Consequently, our workload has increased too. To a degree, I can order through whatever company I like, as long as they deliver at the right price. Of course, a new phone and a new camera would keep me happy for a while...

I've been allocated a temp to help clear the backlog of work I have, so I don't have to keep working Sundays. One of the other guys has been given a part time temp too. I think I'll only need someone for a week or so, but I've got them for a month. I hope they know how to make tea.

;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Does this phone continuously go BEEP when sitting in a restaurant, like the last one did? ;)

12:20 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*
A free phone and a temp who makes tea......whadda deal!

Sounds like the company is on another upswing--maybe the camera isn't outta reach?

1:19 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha, no it doesn't, SJ! Don't worry, it pisses off the guys I work with too! hehe

Mel, I just emailed the camera people and asked them to do better pricing for me. I might wait till next week to ask for a freebie! LOL

2:03 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Besides making good tea, they should also know how to feed you grapes and fan you with big palm leaves when appropriate.

It's a must!

6:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home