Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sliced

Sometimes, I just know stuff. I don't know why, or how. I just do. Like over the weekend, I was at my sister's hotel and she walked into the kitchen and I said, "Your phone's on the table in the lounge". She asked how I knew that's what she wanted. I don't know. She said I'd always done that. She told me the only time it really upset her was when a friend of hers went missing and I said they'd never find him. They didn't. I don't remember it, but she recalls it clearly.

I've known for a while that T was seeing someone else. I didn't want to know, but I had a feeling. I tried contacting him a few times and he didn't respond. Two days ago he finally said he'd call, then didn't. I haven't spoken to him in ages and I sent a text tonight asking him to just be honest....coz there's nothing worse than being ignored. Well, there is, but when you know something, but you have no reason why you know, and you're seeking validation, then it's pretty annoying. Ignoring for any reason is rude. But anyway...

He rang. I was right. It didn't upset me in the way I expected it to. I suppose I'm a little jealous that he's dealt with things so easily. I did expect him to find someone pretty quickly. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel. It validates a lot of things I've felt and closes the door for good where I wasn't sure if the door was closed or not. Knowledge is better than guess work. I'd have liked to be able to use my intuition to deal with things easier and sooner, but I needed facts to back it up.

Merry Christmas to me, huh? It's a new year soon...

3 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Hugs. He just doesn't "get" you at all, does he? Well, perhaps one of these days.

5:41 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

You know what's interesting? In the grief support groups the thing that comes up time and time again is the fact that the widowers move on WAY too fast, according to the widows. It upsets them to think about how quickly the men 'move on'.

Guys (sorry, to lump them all together) tend to jump into new relationships very quickly, no matter what the circumstances are that made them single.

I hope this will be a great new year for you, dear heart.

5:36 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Merry Christmas, E!

Wishing you allll the best in the new year, too. You deserve it, ya know?

xo

5:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home