Friday, November 24, 2006

Where's the body?

Now that I've been joking on my blog about having a body hidden in my storage unit, it may come back to haunt me. Not to mention, I'm now driving around with a severed arm in my car.

I rang my mum this morning to tell her my flight details for my sister's wedding. In that conversation, she casually asked if I'd had a call from the homicide police. Um...no...

It's a long and convoluted story, but a bit over ten years ago, my ex's uncle disappeared without a trace. The family (well, the uncles, not my ex or his mum) were millionaires. My ex used to live with the uncle who disappeared. For some reason, he was a 'person of interest' for a while.

My mother, because she can't help herself, rang a tv station a while back to find out if there was any more news. The tv station passed her details onto the police. A homicide detective called mum and started asking questions - about ME! How they knew about me, I'm not quite sure. Probably mum told the tv station that, too.

Mum said the guy asked her where I live and how to contact me. She proceeded to tell them I hadn't been in touch with my ex for a while and that I'd moved around a lot since I'd been here and changed jobs a bit, but I'd been in the same job for a while now. However, I was 'in between jobs' (sounds good, doesn't it?), but would be starting a new one next week. Way to go, making me sound suspicious!

She told him my home address, my home phone number and my mobile number. "Um, mum, how do you know it was even a detective who called you?" "Because he knew a lot of information." "Aaaah, yeah, but so would the murderer...."

I'm waiting for a knock at the door.

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Excellent! This sounds like just the case for Floral Hop and her gang!

9:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow your blog just totally became like a mystery novel with a possible murder plot. It's all very exciting. Do you feel a little bit like Agatha Christie?

9:36 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Well, bless the mum's heart for being so cooperative and such a wealth of information!

*rolling eyes*
What WAS she thinking?!

11:50 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Ummmmmmm... yeaaaaah...

WTF???

6:43 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!

Oh, this could get very interesting....

(is it OK that I'm giggling a little bit at how absurd this is?)

Yes? Good- because I am giggling a LOT

No? Oh, I'd never giggle at such a thing.

Mothers... sheesh...

4:22 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Woooooooooooooooooo!!

7:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah .. now we know where the mysterious & bloodied arm came from .. oh I do like a good murder mystery. Perhaps he got melted in a vat somewhere? I've heard they do that in certain parts of Oz?
(Not a good idea for a Mum to give out all your personal info to a perfect stranger ... oops!)

1:44 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Are you being held captive by nasty dudes or something?

8:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home