Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Strange days, indeed...

...most peculiar momma...

I joined an activities website a bit over a month ago and tonight was the second event I went to. It was a movie - A Good Year - and there were supposed to be 5 or so people going; one girl I already met, and a few others. Things happened, a couple cancelled, the girl's father had emergency surgery and it got down to me and two guys going. Then just me and one guy. Then the other guy said he would go. I'd never met them before and quite frankly, I was apprehensive about going if it was just going to be me and them. Even with online dating, you get an idea of the person you're going to met. With this, you know how old the person is, where they live, and if you're lucky, you might get a first name and mobile number in the confirmation emails, but basically you know nothing about them.

I decided I'd suck it up and go along. It was weird and a little uncomfortable, especially considering we'd been told the movie started at 8.30 and we arranged to meet at 8pm, only to find the movie was on at 9.20pm, so we had to kill time together while we waited. We chatted about holidays and travel (about the only things we had in common). No chit chat after the movie. See ya later. Straight to our cars. I'm sure the next event we happen to meet at, we'll be more at ease. Anyway, I liked the movie, despite my dislike for Russell Crowe.

Just as I was about to leave the house, I got an email from T. A one liner asking how my new job is. Hit me for six. I've been trying so hard to distract myself. I honestly appreciate the sentiment and he said the email was impulsive. I replied, but it was hard. I've been doing well... I am doing well. I just wish............I wish a lot of things...

He had a photo he took while we were away last blown up and made into a painting on canvas for my birthday. When I got home from the movie, I found it had fallen from where it was and was blocking the door, so I had to reach in and move it before I could fully open my front door. Strange. Reading too much into it? Probably.

Apart from the awesome gelati I had on Saturday night to celebrate Ian's birthday (I've come to the conclusion that gelati like that should be mandatory in all restaurants!), I've cut out pretty much all sugar in my diet, I'm drinking about 3-4 litres of water a day, and I haven't had caffeine (except a rare cup of tea in the morning) since in can't remember when.......and - stranger than fiction - I'm making all my own food - no pre-prepared stuff, eating three meals a day (no more skipping or snacking) and cooking. No, hell has not frozen over. I figure if I'm spending so much money on massage and acupuncture, I should be concentrating just as much on what I put down my throat too. My body has felt like crap for too long. It's about time I looked after myself a bit better.

Tonight, waiting for the movie, I kinda had to have a coffee to be polite (followed by two glasses of water, then another bottle). I can already feel the headache coming along. Not bad, but enough to be noticeable. If I get a detox headache tomorrow, I'll be pissed off.

I keep thinking tomorrow is Sunday. Today has felt like a Saturday. I'll need to remind myself it'll be Wednesday and there are things I need to get done.

Why am I awake and typing at 12.20am? I'm sad and have a headache and it's been a while since I've felt like this. Sometimes I wish T didn't give a damn about me at all. It'd be easier to deal with than having him care not enough.

9 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Perhaps he's just stubborn and wants you to ask him back.

Next group social event you guys should go badger bating. Note I said "badger" bating ;)

6:19 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL just remember that you're coming along with me to the next event!

8:58 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I've met enough wierdos online already ;)

11:55 am  
Blogger monica said...

I feel ya. Sending you some mail. Maybe it'll take your mind off of things.

8:15 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

But some of us are most charming, SJ, so that at least makes up for some of the weirdness, no? :-p

Got your mail, M. Thinkin' of ya.

11:51 am  
Blogger SJ said...

(.....blank look.....)

;)

4:07 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Even though you're not celebrating OUR Thanksgiving, I wanted to wish you a happy one anyway!

I am SO behind on my blog reading- but did want to stop by to tell you how thankful I am for your friendship.

Come to the states sometime, will ya? If you come to WA- you can hit up three of us at the same time- me, A, and Angela! Wouldn't that be fun?

xoxoxoxo

5:35 am  
Blogger SJ said...

How did you go with getting your lap dance yesterday?

6:36 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

RG, you're the best! As soon as I can be there, I'll be there, for sure. I'll even try to bring the lovely Sara with me, too.

SJ, it's very sexy and when I figure it all out, I'll post pictures!

8:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home