Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stupid bank!

I'm in the process of changing banks, because the one I've used for the last 10 years has started charging for the most ridiculous things on an account that was initially charge free. I've got the new account set up and logged onto my online banking from bank #1 to see how much $ was in there before I closed that account. I have never, ever had a negative amount in an account. Ever. Tonight, it's -$6 or so. There was almost $20 in that account and now it's negative. I rang to close it and they said I couldn't, because it had a negative balance. Yeah, but only coz you guys took out so many damn fees on an account that I no longer use! So I'll transfer $6 into it tomorrow then ring to close the damn thing. Fine.

I've also opened a new credit card account with a different bank, so I could pay the balance of CC#1 off at 1/5 the rate. Bank #2 has approved the card, activated it and transferred the balance from CC#1. That means that Bank #1 should have put the $$ into my account, so that I no longer owe that amount. As soon as that happened (as it should already have happened) I was going to reduce that card by that amount, so I only had an absolute minimum left on that card. Bank #1 told me that the funds may not go into my credit card for up to 4 weeks!

I questioned why, if they had the money from the other bank, they were going to wait 4 weeks to put it onto my credit card. I also mentioned in not-so-polite tone that I thought it was disgusting that I could potentially be paying interest for up to a month on a balance that I shouldn't have because they have the money! The girl said nothing. N-u-thing!

I've already closed one account with Bank #1. And they wonder why.

If the money is not in that account by Monday, there's gonna be Bank War. I'm fully prepared for it too. The Phone War gave me plenty of practice!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

STUPID banks.....

*joining the muttering*

Go GET'EM, Eve!!

12:59 am  
Blogger SJ said...

It's because you robbed your last bank

6:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh!! By any chance, is it ANZ you're closing?? I only ask because lately I have had some retarded ass fees racking up on my account and it's just bullshit. I don't even GO INTO THE bank and they're charging me for talking with a cust service rep. And do you think I can get ANYONE to help me?? Piece of shit bank.

9:31 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL yeah I robbed them and took someone hostage. The body is in my storage...

Erica, it's St George. I joined when they were a building society and there were no fees. As soon as they became a bank, they started putting the fees up. This is this month only:
Direct debit fees
St George ATM fees
Eftpos fees
Account service fee
Non StG ATM fee

No wonder I never have any freakin' money! BTW, I've changed to Bank West. $2.99 a month for savings acct with credit facility (debit card). NO other charges. The CC is 8.99% with 2.9% interest on transfer amount.

But apparently Bank of Qld has the best accounts. I didn't check them out tho.

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm okay I'll look into Bank of QLD then. I was going to xfer everything to Westpac because D has some really good rates with them right now, especially if we keep our balance above a certain dollar amount (no fees at all).

Bank West sounds pretty good though... I'll have to see if that's even around here. Thank you!

11:57 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Ah HA!! So that's what in storage.

See....if you wait long enough, you get the answers!

:-D

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home