Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fine print

The agency faxed me the contract for the job this afternoon. Talk about not being able to concentrate once I had that in my hand! Seven pages! Sheesh! The good thing is that it's a fairly standard agreement. The bad thing is they've put my start date 13 November. I'll have to talk to them about that! It's too soon and I still have to negotiate with my boss over my notice and I want at least a week break between jobs. I had the 20th in mind. We'll see. I have to give notice tomorrow and I'm seriously dreading that conversation!

Wanna know the weird thing about it all? I never even applied for the job I've been offered. I applied to the agency for another job a while back and heard nothing. They called me out of the blue to say I didn't get that one (no joke?), but they thought I'd like this one. I've never dealt with them before. I really like the girl from the agency. As in, I think she'd be cool to be friends with. I'm not sure I can say anything though. Wouldn't want her to think I was picking her up or something. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Meanwhile, at my last counselling appointment, I made a follow up. I thought it was for this Friday. It was yesterday. Shit! Guess I've been a tad distracted lately. The counsellor had said I also had to make an appointment with a new GP for a full consult. I found one that sounds appropriate today and called to make an appointment. My options were 5 weeks from now, or tomorrow morning. Shit! Again. So I have to go to work early, leave mid morning, go to the doc, and be back at work just before lunch.

At least I'm getting needle stabbed and massaged tomorrow after work. I'll need it by then.

Um, what else? Oh, I told my mum about the new job. She didn't congratulate me. I know without her saying it that she's upset that she can't tell her friends that I work at such a 'prestigious' place anymore. Eh, I don't care. The job has become boring. She wasn't positive about the industry of the new place. She told me to lie to my boss that I had already planned a week holiday to her place in December for my sister's wedding (it's on a Saturday and I'm only going for the weekend). When I said there was room to move within the company, she suggested I look for a job close to her. She said it would make her happy. I said I'm happy here and that's why I live here. Sigh... Like Ian said, how thoughtless of me for not considering her plans for my life.

And I'm sick. Sore throat. Puffy eyes. Blocked nose, runny nose, blocked nose, runny nose... no sleep. But, thankfully? No headache! Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Get well soon!!!

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home