Sunday, November 26, 2006

Still alive...just

I haven't been kidnapped by a murderer, held captive by a strange boy from a nightclub, whisked off to the darkside by ghosts, or otherwise kept incapacitated....except for the sinus/hayfever from hell that's making me want to remove my own head from my shoulders, despite all the drugs I've taken.

Not ideal, the day before the new job starts. I feel like I want to sleep for at least a day. It doesn't help that I had very, very nasty dreams last night, that I think have contributed to the sore throat I have today. I know I wasn't screaming, but I was definitely making noises that are kind of a cross between a gargle and choking. Not pleasant. Prompted, I'm sure, by the ghost tour I went on last night, in the city. Only had one very minor sensation the whole time, but overall, it was a pretty informative history lesson, if nothing else. And I made a new female friend, which I'm very pleased about.

The savings have had a battering this week. I finally had to give back the loan laptop I borrowed from school from the time I poured my mineral water into my own laptop. That meant I had to invest in a new one. A nice little HP Pavilion dv2000. A decent laptop. Not the biggest or the best, but why spend another $500 for a higher model when it's gonna do everything I need? Good thing interest free loan periods were invented, but I did fork out some of my own dosh too. I hate spending money.

Of course, going to work in jeans for the past few years has left me short in the 'office wear' department. A stocktake of my cupboard made me realise I didn't even have a week's worth of office (casual corporate) clothes to wear. Now I have almost a week's worth. Not ideal, but better than what I had this time yesterday!

I don't even know really how I feel about starting all over again in a new job, with new people, doing something that I really don't know if I'll be able to handle or not. Right now, I just want to feel well enough to drag myself in there on time and not look like death warmed up.

Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Good luck!!

2:03 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I couldn't handle wearing business clothes again. But good luck!

6:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew, business clothes. I've worked in two corporate buildings, and each time I always wore raggy/torn jeans and crappy tshirts. In the first place, within two weeks everyone else was wearing the same thing as me. LOL!

In the second place, I still wore jeans and tshirts but something an inch above raggy. Thankfully I've never had to wear proper corporate attire - think I'd go mental.

Good luck there!! And I hope you feel better. :)

8:07 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Dude your new job sucks. I haven't had one email from you all day!

4:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ... good luck with the new job.

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home