Friday, June 16, 2006

Warning - talkin' about girl stuff

This one's about girl stuff, so if you're a boy, you might want to bypass it.

I've had problems with my girl bits for almost 12 years. There haven't been any major issues for a few years, but I still have to have 6 monthly smear tests. My last one was two weeks ago. I was hoping for different results than the last two, but nothing's changed. 'Low grade changes' surprisingly doesn't worry me all that much, even though it's been that way for over a year. It's not as bad as it's been before.

Maybe I should be more bothered than I am? A colposcopy is a bit like, "yeah, whatever" to me, probably because I've learnt not to really worry until I have reason to worry. Right now, I don't think I do. It's just a pain.

So I'll get a letter with a date from the hospital, take myself down there, get it done and wait for the news....with chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I can't even pretend to understand anything you just said, but I'll wish you all the best anyway!

10:11 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Rae, I'm gonna start stocking up now.

Ian, if you're lucky, you might be back in time to come with me and I can tell you all about it..."they" say you should take someone along for support. LOL

10:29 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Uh, i'm thinking ice cream with bits of chocolate candy in it...

4:28 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

You're right not to worry until you have something to worry about. That's a smart girl talking. And chocolate outta do the trick too, and maybe a margarita or two.

(((((((((((E)))))))))))))

a

8:09 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I'm back on 2 July

8:54 am  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I've had two colposcopies. They're a little uncomforotable, but overall not too bad. I'm convinced I'm going to have to stay on the Pill forever to help regulate my girl bits.

Good luck to you!

11:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I recommend Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Twisted--combination of chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie chunks? It will make just about anything seem A-Ok!!

In all seriousness though, I'm thinking of you and hope everything goes as well as possible.

2:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home