Saturday, June 24, 2006

I think you'll like it.....I hope

That's what he said to me the other day.

I'm flying to Perth on Monday. The boy's been keeping it a secret about where he's taking me for the week. I said I don't mind, as long as we stay somewhere that has a spa bath at least one night. Apparently, that's been arranged. The rest of the time? "Um...babe....it's not gonna be all that flash." That's ok. I can be Rugged Chick for a week.

He's been worried, because the people he told where we were going were apprehensive about whether I'd be into it or not. Granted, they don't know me, but if I was the type to worry about chipped fingernails or perfect makeup, I would agree with them. Eventually, he decided the best option was to tell me where we were going. Basically, it's the middle of nowhere.

He's taking me to Coolgardie Cemetary (wish I could find a good link), which is supposed to be great - if you like cemetaries - and I do, and Lake Ballard, which is a salt lake and, in my humble opinion, looks like it'll be amazing, with sculptures of people scattered through it.

The other alterior motive for doing this trip is so he can show me the places he works. One, so I can get more comfortable with where he is and what he does when he's away, but also coz I know he's going to get all excited, proud dad style, telling me he found this piece of rock here, or that piece of sandalwood on that tree there. It's cool that he loves what he does, so I'm excited for him, in a weird way, that he'll be able to show me all these things.

I was out shopping today for a pair of boots sorta like these and there was not one pair of walking/hiking boots in the entire centre. Being that I find shopping the evil of all evils, I wasn't pleased, but decided to see if I could find a couple of tops to wear while we're out in the middle of nowhere, looking at salt lakes, dead people, rocks and sticks. I walked into a store and found this, thought it was completely appropriate, and had to buy it. Just the fact that it amused me - and it was the first top I saw - made it worth the $10.

7 Comments:

Blogger xianfu said...

cemetary??.. seems.. fun.. ^^.. lolz.. witty...lolz... wat a lovely blog here... visit my blog and tell me wat do u think about it InvernoKL keep up all the good works.. rocKZ!! :p take care, xian

9:10 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

You two and your adventures! You just have too much fun!!!

LOVE the shirt, too!

xo

4:44 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh my.....
Hiking boots would be a good plan...what wonderful adventures you'll have.

BTW--photos are required! I've seen all theirs now.

12:11 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Hey, and when you post those photos, would you mind reposting the link to your photo blog? ;)

It's too bad Travis never left Bondi to go ANYWHERE. What a waste!

1:26 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

nice shirt!!

that sounds like a great week away.. have fun!

((((((((E))))))))

a

10:07 am  
Blogger consise10 said...

The t shirt is kinda poignant too, you coming from the east side of the island over to the West.Good one... I like it.

10:07 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I *LOVE* cemetaries, so I'm expecting to see lots of pictures!!

Have a great time.

xo

7:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home