Monday, May 08, 2006

Opposite influences

The boy's spent a lot of time in the country lately and the longer he stays there, the more colourful his language becomes. I doubt that will change, but what has changed is that I've got him using products on his skin.

So I had to laugh this afternoon as he was driving along and had to stop for a train, and this came out of his mouth....

"Man, this train's f-king long! It's got bloody f-kin' triple decker car carriers on it. I've never f-kin' seen triple deckers before! I'm gonna try to get a photo of it. [pause] I might only have time to have a quick wash before I get on the plane. My skin feels so dirty. I forgot to bring my facial scrub with me."

Yep. He might have an occasional potty mouth, but at least he's trying to keep his skin clean.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pittchick said...

How old is the boy?

I still don't swear in front of my parents!

1:44 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Hahahahaha. Oh DNA, if only you knew how funny your comment is - I can just imagine Eve's face when she reads it :)

7:45 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hahahaa yep. Sorry for the confusion DNA! When I refer to 'the boy', I mean my bf...otherwise known as 'T'. ;-) I don't have any hatchlings.

And for the record, I still don't swear in front of my parents either!

9:09 am  
Blogger consise10 said...

What a man he is E! This post has me laughing. So f*****g right !Good on you mate for using the facial products!!

9:26 am  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Now the serious question: What BRAND do you have him using? (We use Avon in my house. LOL)

1:15 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL I got him using that J&J stuff I told you about...aaand the Dr Lewinn day cream and eye cream!

1:42 pm  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Oops, sorry about that. I'll have to come around more often to figure out who everyone is.

2:23 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Facial products? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Yeah, odd thing J has a small stash of smelly girl type bath scrubs. I have no idea what the story behind THAT is.
But you know I have enough "product" stockpiled to last through the next World War, and possibly the ability to manufacture chemical weapons (or at least a prosthetic face). Man, that Avon stuff is NO joke!!

Got the boy scrubbing his face... awwwwwwwwww!!!

2:27 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I don't think I could ever get Irish to use a facial scrub. Good on ya! lol

As for swearing, I remember using the F word around my parents the first time and thought that lightning was going to strike. I couldn't really manage it again except as a 'FUH...' you know, where you don't finish the end of the word! My parents are used to my occasional potty mouth but they always get on my brother who's 3 years older than me!

a

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home