Sunday, May 07, 2006

Workin' it out.

As much as I'd been telling myself that I was going to move in July, I hadn't really gotten to the stage of acknowledging that I wouldn't be at my job anymore after that time. It wasn't till T and I talked on Saturday that I realised I hadn't wrapped my head around that yet. Instead, now I have to wrap my head around the fact that I'll be staying there indefinitely. Not that it really makes sense, but I have been relieved thinking I wouldn't be working there anymore, even though I hadn't really thought about what that actually meant. As much as the stability and money it provides is good, I have been unmotivated for a long time. Having to stay there longer (because there's no point changing jobs really), is going to test me. ....a day at a time....

T has been so caught up with work recently, doing 7 day weeks, except for when he's been with me, that he hadn't noticed time going by so quickly. When I reminded him that I'd have to give notice to my boss and that there was only 8 weeks till I'd be relocating...I think that's when he started to see just why I'd been so wound up lately (notwithstanding the whole phone saga too).

Throw in his workload and the fact that he's more than likely going to do another stint (or two) overseas, it makes sense for me to stay put till he's more sure of what's going on. I'll tag along with him to the UK or Toronto, if he wants me to - if he asks nicely haha. I'm kinda glad Africa isn't an option though! Neither of us are particularly pleased with the idea of being long distance for any longer than we have to, but if this is how we have to do things to get the right result, then we're ok with that, I think. Sure, we've had other difficulties between us that we need to address, but now that some of this other pressure is off, I think we'll both deal more easily with those too. Buying some time won't be a bad thing for either of us.

I joked that I would have to re-learn French again. He said, "Babe, they speak English in the UK". Ya think?? I replied, "Aaah, yeah I know that, but I'll be able to go to France from there." I think I'll have to get him back for that comment when he gets here Friday. Smarty pants!

Anyway, that's where it stands for now. I'm staying put for the moment and he could be in any number of locations by the end of the year. It's a good thing I'm a patient girl....most of the time....

At least I'll be able to call him some of the time now!

Meanwhile, I'm glad my weather pixie has found it within herself to dress more appropriately for the cold. 'bout time...

3 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Haha, well maybe she was just hanging on to the hopes of warm weather for as long as possible. J makes fun of me for my, "wishful thinking" style of dressing because I always end up having to borrow a sweater or something. Hey, it LOOKS sunny and nice out... but you never know what, with that wind and all.

What? They speak English in the UK? NO WAAAAY!!!!

1:03 am  
Blogger SJ said...

You're going to live in the UK... you poor, poor girl...

8:19 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I have to agree with ian.... On the plus side, you're that much closer to Ireland! lol

And I'm sorry to hear about the change, I was looking forward to visiting Perth! Maybe in a few years then,

a

12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home