Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Disordered ramblings

Who hears a local comedian talking on the radio about how he's looking for decent paintings, and decides they should track down his email and forward him the url of their dad's website? I do. Maybe. I'm thinking about it...

I haven't seen the strange wheelchair guy lately. Perhaps his busted arm and leg make it difficult for him to dress warm enough, so he's staying out of the cold.

My right ear was burning this afternoon. It felt like it was on fire. The theory is, that means someone was talking positively about me (left ear is negative). If that's the case, and you're reading, please tell me what you were saying. I could do with hearing some nice stuff at the moment...

There's a jobs expo on this Friday and Saturday. It's free and I figure it can't hurt to talk in person to a few people. Surely there'll be someone there who is from, or has contacts in, Perth. I have to remind myself to print out some copies of my resume tomorrow. Gotta show up prepared!

I'm making a stealth trip to my home state on Thursday. I'll be there 25 hours in total, to see my dad and my grandfather, who's not well. I have to drive through the place my mum and two of my sisters live. Only my dad knows I'm going. I don't intend on seeing anyone else. More on this in another post...

I spent yet another 20 minutes on the phone to my horrid phone company this evening. The stupid jerks charged me late fees that they've been told to waive by the ombudsman. They're crediting me....as they should! I was told I cannot call their 'department' to discuss my case. I have to wait for them to call me. That's ok with me. They have till the end of the week to reach a compromise with me, or the ombudsman starts playing hard ball. Bring it on!

Showing just how anal I can be, I get technical when I send text messages. When I want to shorten 'you are', I type 'ur'. When I want to type 'your', I type 'yr'. I notice most people just use 'ur' these days. I don't know why I have to do that. I just do. At least I know it's disturbing that I'm still trying to type the 'right' abbreviation.

The boy and I are about to kill each other. But that's because we care. He'll be here on the 12th. His ticket is so expensive, he's paying almost twice what I normally pay. I think he likes me.

10 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

I think he does too. Bring on the 12th! I'm glad he's making the effort. LDR's are a challenge at the best of times, aren't they?

Sounds like a good trip to see the dad and grandad. I completely understand not wanting to let the 'others' know that you are coming. I think if you only have a short amount of time, it's better. You get quality time with the person you are actually going to see. I hope he's okay.

hugs,
a

1:13 am  
Blogger kT said...

U think?

Good luck avoiding the family.

4:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I see "yr" and think "year"... hm.

I hope the wheelchair guy is okay!

5:07 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I was talking positively about you - I was saying "I'm positive Eve is nuts" ;)

5:31 am  
Blogger monica said...

Waka waka... with friends like THAT!!! Hehehehe.

Alls I can say is don't get pulled over for speeding through mum's town! Hehehee. Hee hee.

Sorry!!!

Hope the boy gets there soon- and maybe sort through some of that "stupid" stuff.

8:35 am  
Blogger Pittchick said...

As a non-Aussie, can you tell me what an ombudsman is?

8:44 am  
Blogger consise10 said...

To leave it all and relocate to a whole new state like you have is brave...I hope he realizes it. Best of luck on finding employment over there.The processes through ombudsmen can be tiring.I hope your Grandad isn't too unwell.

11:42 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Ombudsman is a fun word to say. OMMMMbudzzzman.

9:44 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

oh and you should type "ur" and "u're" :)

10:45 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

A - my g'dad was actually a lot healthier than he'd been previously, so I was glad about that.

kT - I borrowed camo gear and made it in and out without detection. hehe

Ange - the wheelchair guy is good writing fodder. I hope I see him again. :-p

Ian - I can always count on you to make me feel good about myself. haha

Monica - LOL yeah I hang around the nicest folks. I hope we sort out the ick too.

DNA - Thanks for dropping by. :-) The ombudsman is like an independent industry watchdog. If you can't sort your issue out with the company, they step in and make sure it gets resolved.

Consise - Yep, I think sometimes he's more daunted by it than me. We'll get there though. :-)

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home