Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yeah, it's Tuesday

I know I said I'd be back Monday, but whatever...

At any rate, I'm back now. Adelaide was fabulous, and as much as we both thought it sucked that we had less than 48 hours together, we had a great time. I put a few photos on the other blog. They're not the 'scenery' type ones I've taken elsewhere, but we didn't have enough time to do that kind of exploring. Next time, though...

We didn't do all that much; wandered around the mall on Saturday afternoon looking for books and shoes. I swear we're going to need a library room if we ever get a house together. Both of us could easily spend all our money on books alone. Scary, really.

Dinner on Saturday night was at a great Argentinian restaurant called Sosta. The food was fantastic. We only had mains and a couple of drinks and that was more than enough. I had a cocktail (well two) called a Piruli that was so yummy it was dangerous. It was strawberry liqueur, butterscotch schnapps and something else. It's probably a good thing I've forgotten what it was, or I'd go and buy the ingredients and have little evening soirees by myself at home each night. Ha! Ooh ooh, I just remembered - apple juice. Wheee!

Breakfast, which we had around lunch time both days, was at a place called ETC and the food there was great too. Gotta hand it to the folks in Adelaide, they all might look and act pretty weird (seriously!), but the food rates well.

I don't really have a bunch of other news to report. Things are peachy and I'll be heading to Perth around the 15th for a week or so. No more of this 6 week waiting stuff. We've agreed that's not going to happen again. It was an anomaly that we went that long anyway, due to his work circumstances. Still, it's nice to have that agreement in place.

I've felt like I've been run over by a truck the last couple of days, which explains why I didn't rush back to post yesterday. I just couldn't be bothered. I'm not sick. My body just feels beaten and worn. A lot of it has to do with not having any drugs for the past two weeks, I'm sure. I feel half dead at the best of times. Hopefully the doc will be back this week and he'll send me a new prescription for happy pills and I'll be back on track.

Ah well, that's it for now. I have work to do...for a change...

2 Comments:

Blogger consise10 said...

Haaa ha ah About the Adelaide comment. I have thought that they mostly live in a time warp myself.Argentine cuisine hmmm interesting... I like the way they dig a hole in the ground and cook meat as in 'barbeque' inside it.

4:13 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hey Consise, ever watch Sam do his interviews in Rundle Mall, on the Footy Show? It's not a set up. Those are really the people that wander that street. LOL We had a great time people watching. :-p

Ok, so not *everyone* was like that..... ;-)

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home