Thursday, November 10, 2005

Steel birds and on edge nerves

Four more hours and I'll be picking up T at the airport. I've had a ridiculously insane week, but didn't have many irrational doubts until yesterday. They passed relatively quickly. Till just now...

Me: So how you doing?
Him: Yeah good. Woke up with a few nerves, but I'm fine now.
talking, talking, talking...
Me: Well, I better let you go so you don't miss your plane.
Him: Ok. Just think...we'll meet each other for the first time in person soon.
silence....
more silence.... (picture deer in headlights look)

Him: Hmmm I shouldn't have said that. I realised as I heard myself saying it.
Me: No, you just freaked us both out...

No doubts. Just a large dose of, "oh my G-d, I can't believe I'm doing this!"

And now his plane is delayed, so I'll have even more time to panic. Lovely! :-p

On one hand, I'm ok because I am not allowing myself to have too many expectations. On the other hand, of course there are expectations. It's keeping the balance that's going to be the fun bit.

Just wait till Tuesday! I reckon I'll be typing an interesting post on that day!

Ok! I' m outta here......to go spend 4 days in the mountains with a complete stranger from the other side of the country. Wish me luck!!! (or him! Ha!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've spent the last couple of days catching up on all of your excitement and now I'm holding my breath for you! I hope you have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear the story :)

7:17 am  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

I'm so excited for you! I remember the night I landed in Toronto, about to meet my friend (now fiance) for the first time; I was a bundle of nerves and HE was a bundle of nerves and the first time we actually met, he stared at me like "Who the hell are you and why are you staring at me?" I had forgotten to tell him I'd dyed my hair - he was expecting a brunette and a blonde showed up. :\

Can't wait to hear the story and hopefully you'll get a few mins to yourself to blog about it .. or at least some of it so we're not sitting here biting our nails and wondering what's going on!! ;)

8:23 am  
Blogger monica said...

I know you aren't back yet, but I'm dying to know how your weekend went!!!!

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home