Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How the world turns

I'm not sure if yesterday's developments have made me more settled or more confused.

I had to go to court yesterday afternoon for a stupid reason that ended up not being heard, and was adjourned because of beaurocracy, till a date to be advised. It was in relation to a bond that a previous landlord and I are trying to recover (No, not the stupid landlord who took me to court last year. This one is nice.)

It happens that this guy has his own home loan finance company. He lives up in Sydney now, but still does some work down here. I told him I needed a place to live again. We'd always gotten on well and at one stage after I moved out from his house, I almost moved into a place his brother owned (which was beautiful!).

He seems to think that he may be able to get me a good deal on a low interest home loan, with the maximum of the state and federal government grants, with very little of my own money down (not that I have any, anyway). I just have to give him some of my financial info.

I could sign documents within a month (if I found a suitable place), take a 90 day settlement (to save $$$ so I don't have to start making large repayments just yet, and finally have my own place.

Upside:
This is something that I've wanted for a long time.
I could do this.
I wouldn't be wasting money paying rent.

Downside:
I want to be where I am now.
I hate thinking about not being here.
I don't know where I'd live for the next 4 months that wouldn't cost me a lot of money.
By even contemplating it, I feel as though I'm giving up on something that I don't want to give up on.
I do it, and I seal the fate on this relationship for good.

Of course, there are plenty more ups and downs to it and I have so much to think about. I am really, really being tested by the Universe right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

hmmmm..definitely something to think about...

3:21 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Getting into homeownership is one of the best financial moves you can EVER make. First of all, instead of putting money in someone else's pocket, you're building equity for yourself.

This opportunity didn't just pop up by cosmic coincidence. You need to take it. It's not necessarily the nail in the coffin of the relationship, either. You could rent it out later if things work out.

More later.

3:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home