Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Say what?

A couple of things we found kinda funny over the weekend...

The boy (the 7yo one, not the 38yo one) is at that age where we're starting to have some interesting conversations with him now. His latest words-of-the-month are 'stupid' and 'sexy'.

He tried on a pair of my shoes over the weekend (our socks are the same size - how weird is that?) and I joked that he looked sexy. Then we have this conversation...

A: Do you like sex?
E: Excuse me?
A: Do you like sex?
E: What do you mean by that?
A: Well, sexy. Do you like sexy? Sex is just a short way of saying sexy.
E: Aaaaah. (breathes sigh of relief and changes subject)

So C and I were in bed on Saturday night. We'd put the boy to bed, but he wasn't settling. I took him back to his room a couple of times after he got out of bed and it looked as though he was going to stay there. C and I were watching a dvd, but C was getting a little distracted. I have to point out here that I was clothed and he wasn't (which is why I was the one who kept taking C back to bed). Anyway, C decided it was safe to get amorous. The moment he rolled over and started kissing me, the door opened again. Ha, so off I went and ended up lying with A for a while till he stayed settled and promised to go to sleep.

I went back to bed and told C that I think we need a bell on the door, or at least a laser beam that gets triggered in the hall when the boy gets out of bed.....and mentioned that it's only a matter of time that we get busted for real. The kid could be a spy, he's so quiet sometimes.

Sunday morning A woke us up and came and got into bed and talked to us for a while. Then we had this conversation...

A: Were you guys being romantic last night?
C: Romantic?
A: Yeah, when I came into the room last night, I thought you were being romantic.
E: What do you mean by 'romantic'?
A: You know, you had the dvd on and you had the pink light on.
(The pink light is one of the most ugly tall lamps you've ever seen. It's plastic and is about the length of the bed. Really bad to look at (which is why it lives under the bed), but makes a really nice glow from under the bed when it's on.)
E: Ah, is that what romance is?
A: Yeah.

I've learnt it really pays to get clarification sometimes! That one coulda gotten pretty interesting. I wonder what he tells his mum.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

"The Pink Light" will now become my new phrase for sex - as in "I'm hoping I'll be able to switch on the pink light tonight..."

It will go well with "Albert Brooks" which is my phrase for masturbation....

8:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, E! you sound SO maternal!
it's downright scary...(and very sweet)
*giggle*

and LOL at ian!!! Albert Brooks! Hahaha!!!

~Anonymous G

2:54 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ian, that's almost knowing too much. hehe

G, don't say things like that. You'll give me nightmares. LOLOL
(nice to see you, too!)

8:45 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Kids say the darndest things... he is cute as a button. I'm glad you are learning to 'be a mom' - have you found any of your parents words coming out of your mouth when you are talking to him? :)

a

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home