Friday, May 13, 2005

Ho hum

Strange how what you think will make you content doesn't, once you finally get what you want.

The boy was stalling with something I'd mentioned I wasn't comfortable with a couple of times. I really didn't have that much of an issue with it, but it was annoying me in the back of my mind.

Now that he's sorted what was bothering me, it's not sitting well with me, because I feel like I made him do something. I don't want to be that person and feel like I've made demands; especially when it was mostly a non-issue to begin with.

A couple of times lately, I've heard myself sounding like a person I used to be, not who I am now. I really need to snap outta that. At least I know it when I do it. It goes back to my story on ownership of issues that I talked about on the board the other week (although the above issue has nothing to do with any of that). I think projection is probably one of the major causes of upset in relationships. Since I typed that story I realised how often it can happen if you let it.

This is my current task for myself...own my own issues. It's amazing the progress you can start to make when you do.

I need to write more of those 'story with a moral' type things. They help me as much as they help everyone else.

4 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

Hmm.. been experiencing this myself all last week or more...

hugs to you, the hardest part is realizing it's your stuff, methinks.

(((((((((((((((((E))))))))))))))

a

12:05 am  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Hmmm, I miss the days when I could read here and have any idea what was going on.

But I know there are things that you want to get out but don't want to talk about, so I will just send many

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

as always,
R

3:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you know, sometimes it's ok just to feel and not know why...

hugs!

:) cnfg

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eve - I'm experiencing the same kind of thing too...exactly the same, actually - it's like an old stupid pattern that I know intellectually I've overcome, but it's just automatic...like it used to be. Wouldn't it be weird if we were talking about exactly the same thing??

Love, S

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home