Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bite me

Mutter #1.
Actually, this one is ok. I didn't get that job. In a way, I'm glad I didn't, because I've never been relient on anybody else EVER in my life, in a financial sense and I was having a hard time coming to grips with maybe having to rely on C. I don't have to worry about that now. The manager called me and told me that they'd taken someone with a bit more experience, and I'm cool with that - I expected it. However, he did ask if he could keep my info in case the guy falls through or something else comes up. It was funny. He said, "...and I'm not just saying that as a line or to make you feel better. I really do want to keep you in mind." Ha ha. So, we'll see.

Mutter #2.
Again, not really a mutter, but it just goes to show you should always keep an open mind about stuff. C rang me yesterday afternoon and told me he had a surprise for me when I got home. You know you're really in the thick of domesticity when the surprise is 3 garden pavers, some hedging and 1kg of shiny black stones. Now ain't that just love right there!

Mutter #3.
I am sick. S-i-c-k. I look like something out of Fright Night (if there isn't a movie with that name, there should be!). I feel like death. I haven't had a cold or flu for ages, but boy have I got something now. Of course, of all the times I can't take off work, this week is it. Ugh.

Mutter #4.
Hmmm....the boy got me so worked up/mad/upset last night over a simple question that I asked, that he took the wrong way, and somehow managed to make me to be the bad guy (how do guys do this??), that I seriously got in my car at about 2am and just drove. Didn't get far though, because it was freakin freezing, I couldn't see the road, and I had no idea where I was going. So I went home again and sat in the car for ages trying to regroup. I just needed space. I am still worked up/mad/upset.

Couple that with being sick (and having to redo about 5 hours worth of work, because someone neglected to tell me about some major changes) and I'm just an explosion waiting to happen.

And as Eminem so eloquently puts it...

if you feel you´re in violation, any hesitation´ll get you killed, if you feel it, kill it, if you conceal it, reveal it, being reasonable will leave you full of bullets, pull it, squeeze it, till it´s empty, tempt me, push me, pussies, I need a good reason to give this trigger a good squeeze...

But I prefer the chorus...

I´m a soldier, these shoulders hold up so much, they won´t budge, i´ll never fall or fold up, i´m a soldier, even if my collar bones crush or crumble, I will never slip or stumble, i´m asoldier, these shoulders hold up so much, they won´t budge, i´ll never fall or fold up, even if my collar bone´s crush or crumble, I will never stumble...

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Can a guy really fall through? Is that like when he hits puberty?

6:12 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Hmmmm, I tend to want to run away (go for a long drive...) whenever I'm upset. I did it once and promised to never do it again.

I did that CONSTANTLY in my first marriage.

Now he understands that I need quiet time (aka SPACE) so I can process my thoughts before we can discuss whatever it was that upset me.

I hope you feel better soon.

~hugs~

10:24 am  
Blogger Joe said...

It's all so simple now. All I needed was the recipe for domesticity. Let's see if I got this right. Just take 3 garden pavers, a pinch of hedging, and 1kg of shiny black stones. Mix and call it a surprise.

Thanks!

5:31 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ian, I'm not really sure, but I imagine so...particulary since puberty for guys goes from 13 to 32. ;-)

RG, you should see the letter I gave him. I might email it to you actually. LOL feedback would be good.

Joe, ya know, it takes *just* a little more than that....10 long stemmed roses two days later backed up the surprise in a good way. :-)

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home