Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mobility

I see a lot of crazy stuff on the roads these days. I do a lot of driving, and lemme tell ya, there are some complete nutcases out there on the streets (like the guy who figured he'd try to run me off the highway this morning at 100kmh, but that's another story).

Yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights and looking at the world around me. I saw one of the strangest sights I'd seen in a while.

Ok, so everyone has something dangly hanging off their rear vision mirror. If you don't have something, you know someone who does. I have a little red and gold feng shui charm - it's three coins and some bells. I've yet for it to fully do the job it's supposed to, but I can be patient.

But the woman in the car beside me had what literally looked like a mini colostomy bag hanging from the mirror. Seriously! It was a clear plastic bag, the right shape, and was filled with a pale yellowy liquid. Even if it wasn't a colostomy bag, what the heck was it and what the heck was it doing dangling from someone's rear vision mirror? The thought of it made my stomach turn. It just looked baaaad.

It made me wonder...what strange things have you seen in peoples' cars, whether having been in them, or spotting them from afar?

1 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

A mini coloscopy bag! LOL That is sooo gross!

I couldnt recall things hanging from the rear view mirror even if I wanted to. But my boss used to have a little helicopter on his vent, so that when air was moving through the vent, the little propellers moved. i thought it was neat. ;)

a

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home