Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Casey Donovan - Australian Idol

She's 16, she's not a Jessica Simpson look-a-like, she's unpretentious and original, sometimes inarticulate (as 16 year olds can be), and she has an incredible voice.

She's our Australian Idol for 2004.

She reminds me so much of me at that age. No, I wasn't dark haired, and no, I wasn't overweight. In fact, I was very blonde and probably unhealthily skinny. But I sang. It's what I did. It's what I wanted to do. It's what I would have done if someone had just told me that I could...

I thought Anthony Callea would win. He has the 'look', the style and the voice. He's the 'package'.

Casey is unique. I have to say, I was really impressed that she won. The fact that she got so far and that she got that far on her merits and despite (or because of?) her unusual look, makes me pleased in a way about the Australian public. I'm glad people voted on overall talent and not just who was 'prettier' or had the most charm/sex appeal.

Casey is in her element when she sings. When she gets over her nerves, her talent truly shines through.

My congratulations to her.

No congratulations to Telstra though, for their serious faux pas in relation to Casey's website.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

hmmm, I just realized I had to stop myself from checking out the website! Bad Mia. This happened to Dick Cheney during the VP debates here in the US. He directed people to "factchecker.com" instead of "factchecher.org" and the .com version was a slam on him and his financial entanglements. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person, in this case. - Mia

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home