Monday, November 22, 2004

Family - part 1

I called this part 1, because I'm thinking it'll be a prelude to the things I really need to vocalise - for my own benefit and probably my long term sanity as well.

So here's the basic rundown...

Three older sisters. Between them two dads. The older one has a different dad to the younger two. The youngest is 9 years older than me. The eldest, 12.

My brother is 13 months younger than me. We share the same dad.

Mum and dad divorced when I was about 4. Dad remarried when I was roughly 12.

My stepmother has two children from a previous marriage. A daughter the same age as my youngest sister. A son a couple of years younger.

I know hardly anything about my maternal grandmother. She died when my brother and I were around 10 or so. My maternal grandfather died at sea in WWII.

We have family in England. I think they're aunts, uncles and cousins of my mother. I believe mum has an aunt who lives in her state, but they don't speak often. Something to do with fights over my grandmother's estate when she died, I think.

On my dad's side, I talk on the phone every week or two to my grandfather. I hardly know my dad's mother, my paternal grandmother, at all. I know we used to go see her quite regularly when we were little. I don't even know her name.

Dad has one brother. His kids are around my age. They're my cousins. My brother and I haven't spoken to them probably since we were about 12 or 13, maybe younger.

My eldest sister has a daughter who's now 25, married and living in Italy, with 4 kids. She, (my niece) is my favourite relative. My eldest sister was/is a single mother.

My middle sister has a son. His father is Canadian and has hardly anything to do with him.

My youngest sister has a son who's 24 from her first marriage and three other kids to her second husband. All three are in school now. I've never met the youngest.

I'm pretty vague on dates and timings, which should explain how close we're not.

I wouldn't recognise most of these people if they were sitting beside me in a bus.

That's enough for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Ha, your family is about as varied as mine.

Four kids in my family. None of which have the same father.

Mom was a busy woman.... ;)

1:39 pm  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Um, yeah. 2 stepsisters from my mom's husband who have 7 kids between them and I think 4or 5 different guys, and a stepbrother also from my mom's husband who has no kids but isn't really related because he was adopted since his mom (my stepdad's ex's niece) was on crack when he was born.
1 full sister
2 stepbrothers from my dad's wife, both mid teen age.
1 half brother from my dad and his wife, 14 years younger than me.
But I have a sense about where Part 2 is going, so I'm not comparing families. Will be here when Part 2 comes out, and more importantly,
hugs,
R

3:21 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Hugs!

6:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home