Saturday, November 20, 2004

Loyalty

Yesterday, I was mad. Moreso than I've been in a long time. Someone I call a very close friend was the recipient of some pretty pathetic hate mail.

I could not sit back and let you take that without doing something about it. They disrespect you and they disrepect me and everyone else who has the honour of being called your friend. I'm pretty passive generally and it takes a lot to get me really worked up, particularly when things are directed at me. But mess with my friends and people I care about, and that's another matter completely.

I will go into bat and I will defend you always. I am so sorry the things were said that were said to you. I hope they haven't hurt you too deeply and that you know everything they said was untrue and probably coming from a place of pure jealousy.

I did what I did, small as it is in the scheme of things, because I needed to publicly support you and defend your character. If I could have done more, I would have.

I will always stick up for my friends - whatever it takes.

I hope you're doing ok.

2 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Ya know I just had to go and see how you stick up for your friends. It was well said, I thought you did a good job.

I agree, it's sad when people feel the need to do things like that. Something similar is going on at work with some huge repercussions to someone who sits across the aisle from me. It's all out of spite, and comes from a very dark place. My co-worker wrote about it in her blog.

http://www.fishgrease.com/e/2004/11/evilness-abounds.html

I'm sad that stuff like this happens to good people. I'm sad that people are so miserable that they feel a need to lash out at other's like this.

9:57 am  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I have to admit that I cried on B's shoulder for a large percentage of our visit last night, and he promised to bring me more kisses tonight to be sure I'm doing better. It's mostly a matter of know-knowing that it was just spite and not the common opinion. It hit me in a very painful way at a particularly bad time.
But I do appreciate what you said. It meant a lot to me.
hugs and many thank yous
R

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home