Friday, September 24, 2004

I think it's how I look

So I was just sitting here scrolling through some personals pages. I realised that everyone my age looks a lot older than me. Even people younger than me look older than me.

I think it's part of the problem in my attempts at finding a guy...well maybe.

Could it be that because I look so much younger than I am that guys my age don't take me as seriously, or perceive me to be less mature? I dunno.

Being young looking and blonde certainly sometimes has its definite drawbacks. Sure, it helps in a lot of ways - I got a good deal on my car lol, but in other ways I feel as though it's a huge impediment.

I'm not interested in the guys 15+ years older who want some pretty young blonde handbag for the looks and who aren't interested in the substance. Nor do I want the 18-23 year olds who persist in contacting me because they 'like older women, but you don't look that old'.

I'm stuck in some sort of age timewarp. Maybe I should spend my afternoons sitting in the sun getting wrinkles like every other lemming.

One hopes that one day I'll come upon some attractive Peter Pan guy who also holds his age well.

Who ever thought it was an intelligent thing to start dating at my age?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home