Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Not quite so grown up

I couldn't be bothered retyping and rethinking, so I've cut and pasted a post I put on a message board I belong to. I'm not going to say what it is or where it is, because I haven't decided who I'm going to allow to see my blog and I don't know if I want all that many people seeing my blog AND my message board posts.

My date with Ed last night...

He comes to my place to pick me up. On the way to the cinemas we drive past a flower shop. "Stop", I say, "gimme $10 and I'll run in and pick what I like, save you the trouble". The lights change, so I stay put and agree to wait till next time.

We get to the pancake place and decide we don't know how hungry we are, but we know we're not hungry enough to have a meal and a dessert each, but we both want the same dessert, so we decide to share a meal and a dessert.

Time to order drinks. "I'll have lemonade...no... I'll have a raspberry icecream soda", I say. "Ooh", he says, "I'll have a blue one". Picture the table - one big pink drink, one big blue drink, icecream, bubbles flowing down the side, and straws that made that sucking noise when you got to the bottom of the glass - like school kids.

Dinner comes and we fight for equal rights to cajun chicken on a buckwheat pancake with salad. Methinks he won that battle. But I was preparing for the second assault....involving chocolate pancakes, cherries, icecream, chocolate sauce, cream and chocolate sprinkles. I won!

Dinner was over and he wasn't humiliated enough. He needed more. After his beating at Daytona on Saturday, you'd have thought he would have learnt that I am the master when it comes to car races, but no, he decides to try his luck at another one. I told him he'd be sorry. I gave him opportunity to pick another game. He chose humiliation for a second time, crashed his car and I reigned supreme once again...pipped him right at the post.

So...after our kiddies drinks, chocolate pancakes and car races, what movie did we go see? Garfield!! Of course! LOL

See? Just because you're grown up, doesn't mean you have to behave that way all the time! hehe


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home