Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Nobody fell in a ditch today

After our talk last night, I thought I'd get a simple text message from E today to let me know he's still alive and hasn't driven into a ditch or been rushed to hospital with some strange disease.

Instead, I got a phone call that lasted just short of an hour. It's amazing how much more pleasing things are when you lower your expectations. No, don't get me wrong, I have high expectations about how I want/need to be treated, but truly, I would have been pleased even if he'd just sent me a text message that said, "I haven't fallen into a ditch".

We had a great conversation about trust, jealousy and flirting and our views on each. We're both terrified of being hurt again - who isn't?

But there's progress. It's slow, but it's there. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Good luck, and keep us posted!!!
(evil snicker!)

6:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home