Thursday, December 11, 2008

And now it's December

I haven't said much here, coz I'm sick of being negative and miserable and am doing what I can to not articulate it in text.

The more positive things are....

My brother got married and the whole damn family behaved. No tears, no drama, everyone got on well. Freaking amazing! Who'da thunk that would ever happen? It was a good day.

I have a new housemate. He hasn't moved in yet, but he's great. Only 24, but polite, intelligent and seems quite mature for his age.

Brett and I are getting on like we did all that time ago. Scary in a really nice way. I don't know where it will go, or if it will go anywhere, but it's good and I'm happy with that.

I've been seeing someone for a few weeks. He's started mentioning the L word in the last few days and told my new housemate he was my boyfriend before I even knew we were that far down the track. Apart from the Brett stuff putting my head in a permanent slight spin, I'm more ok with it than I thought I'd be - but I wasn't at first. It's growing on me, although I'm not entirely comfortable with it yet. I like it when he's around. I like it just as much when he's not. The more we spend time together, the more he's growing on me. I hope he's patient, though, coz it's going to take me a while to get to the same place he's at.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, definitely quite a few developments in your life lately! Good luck figuring out the Brett situation. I can only imagine the spinning that your brain must be doing with everything that is going on!

4:24 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

Sometimes ya just get to say "it IS what it is...."

<-- been saying that a whole LOT lately.

*HUGE hugs*

*shrugs*

It just is what it is--but it ain't all bad, eh?

Happy happy HAPPY holidays to you!!

1:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

and so everyone's blog hopping today!

sounds like you've had some interesting times... :)

1:45 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm always the last on the bus - I mean it's not like you *have* to wait to post until I am out of town. ;o)

Ditto Mel - is what is is, and it ain't all bad. :)

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

2:19 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I just read today's post and had to come back to this one. I guess "feeling like it's 6 years ago" means that nothing has changed... the good and the bad.... I hope whatever you do, that it is good for you.

(((((((((((((((E))))))))))))))

Anne

3:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home