Saturday, December 02, 2006

Who knew?

Working keeps you busy! I'm doing longer hours at work, doing a job I have no clue about, but I have managed to fumble through a full week without stuffing anything up - and I'm enjoying it. Although that might be because I've made up my own procedures coz nobody else, apart from my boss (who's rarely in the office) knows how to do what I'm doing - seriously. There are very strict rules and procedures about everything, which is good, because I'm organised to the point of being anal at work (different story at home!) and I can work most things out by myself. I like that part of it. Maybe that's why I'm finding it easier than I expected. But I tell ya, I don't have one spare minute at all. That's a shock to the system!

I was surprised to notice that my last post was Wednesday! Time flies when you have a real job, huh!

I haven't really done much since then, except work and - strangely - avoid the computer somewhat once I get home. Mr Sonotright has been very consistent in his contact; texting every day and calling at least once a week. It's so strange. I saw him last night and told him he's the anti-me and everything I'm not looking for. He said, "Well, I smoke and you don't. I do drugs and so do you." I replied, "Yeah, but my drugs are good for me, yours are not", as he rolled a joint to have at some stage later on.

He's going to a bikini contest at a strip club tonight. I told him the concept grates on me (I was being diplomatic). He said, "What? You don't like bikinis?" I did laugh at that, coz it was funny. He just likes everything I hate. And yet...he still wants to hang out. I don't mind his company. He's polite and honest...and a distraction from thinking about T, if I'm honest with myself. Eh, but if I'm more honest with myself, it makes me think about him more, sometimes, too. T's embedded in my head more than anyone ever has been. I miss so much all the things we did. For the most part, I'm dealing well with things - I think - but today's been a bit of an emotional day for me....melancholy, not sad.

The funny thing is, I think the new diet/lifestyle is making a difference in that regard. If you told me a month ago that I'd be making garlic beef strips with oven roasted vegies for dinner (or plain, natural yogurt with fruit for breakfast!), I would have laughed. Now? I'm enjoying making healthy stuff and it's showing. At least, I can feel that it's doing something. This is usually my PMS week. Yesterday, I realised I hadn't been moody at all. Maybe I was too busy! Ha! So one day of feeling a bit blah is not so bad in comparison to a week of the same.

There's only one thing that's distressing me at the moment. Months ago, when I poured mineral water on my laptop (not recommended!), the hard drive was the only thing - thankfully - to survive. When I gave the loan computer back to school after I left, I kept my hard drive and got an external casing for it, so I could put stuff on this new computer. One slight problem...I can't find my email files. They're not where they should be and a search brought up nothing. Meaning? I hope like hell I haven't lost all my old email, my notes and my calendar. I'm not too distressed just yet. I have faith I'll find the right files and be able to transfer them to this computer. If it turns out I can't, then I'll break down.

My sister's wedding is on the 16th. I'm going to get some serious calming acupuncture between now and then. I'm sure I'll need it. Especially when I tell my mother I want to stay in a hotel, and not with her and my sociopathic sister and her boyfriend. Fun times.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

It would seem we're both just livin' the dream!!! :)

12:46 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Water on your laptop? Everybody knows it's whiskey with laptops... :)

8:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you on the health front. Sounds good to me.

Eek, I can so relate to not wanting to stay with relatives. Urg ..
Um, let's see, "Mum, Sis, .. I'd rather jump off a ten storey building than stay with you lot?
Is that diplomacy or what?
You can thank me later ...

10:11 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Perhaps you should do a Britney as you arrive at the wedding :)

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home