Saturday, August 19, 2006

Livid

Yesterday afternoon, I was so angry beyond comprehension that T was worried I was going to top myself. I wouldn't have, but from the text messages I sent him, I guess I could see why he was concerned.

My phone wars continue.

I ditched phone company #1 (PC1) back in June and transferred to phone company #2 (PC2). PC2 even had me listen and agree to a recorded message and record all my answers to make sure we were all happy. I told them I was changing all my services to them because I hated PC1 for all the trouble they'd caused me and that I didn't want to deal with them for a second longer. PC2 said no problem and we'll even give you free long distance on your land line for the next two months.

My very first bill from them, for my mobile, was wrong. I wasn't getting the free options I was entitled to and they'd put me on the wrong bonus plan. I rang and complained and they said, well we'll give you $20 off the bill. I said they should just get the computer to recalculate it. The computer can't do that. (huh???) I went through every item myself and recalculated manually that I was overcharged more than $40, so I rang and said I want $40 off, not $20. They said fine, my bonus options were sorted out and I thought we were all happy again. At the time, I wondered why my land line bill only showed local calls, but I figured it was because I was getting free long distance. Fast forward to yesterday...

I got home and tried to ring T from my landline. There was a message from PC1 that my services were suspended for non-payment. WTF? So I rang them and explained I had no services with them since June and I wasn't going to pay any stupid bill for anything after that date. They said too bad, so sad, you can't get your phone back on. Small amounts of smoke started coming out my ears at that stage, as I dialled PC2 for an explanation.

I started off calmly with Rangga (yes, with two g's), the Indian guy who was unfortunate enough to answer my call. I asked what was going on. He said that my services were transferred from PC1 to PC2 in June, but that PC2 filled out the wrong form and PC1 spoke to PC2 in July and the long distance transfer was cancelled. "Not my problem", I say, "As far as I'm concerned, this is your fault and I should not have to pay a damn cent to PC1 because of your stuff up. Fix it, please." Rangga put me on hold and came back to me a couple of times, trying to appease my now rather irate self.

"We can't do anything", he says, to which I politely informed him that they might like to discuss the problem with PC1, fill out paperwork to backtrack my account to June and recalculate the amount to their rates. "I don't have the authority to do that." Ok, I understand and tell Rangga I know it's not his fault and that I'm not mad at him, but that I am not paying premium rate for calls to a company I no longer wished to deal with when I should have been paying ZERO to a company I thought had a better clue.

We went through the whole transfer rigmarole again, including voice records...during which I made it very clear that I blamed them and this should have all happened back in June and I was taking it further. He offered me another 3 months of free long distance calls. "Back dated?", I ask. "No, from when the transfer goes through in the next 10-21 days..." WTF? "Um, why can't you make that happen NOW?" He explains he's sure he's filled out the correct paperwork and it'll take a bit to get it processed.

I asked what I'm supposed to do in the meantime. I am not paying the bill to PC1, but while that's not paid, I have restricted phone services, because PC2 screwed up. He says PC2 can't do anything about that. We'll see.

Geez. I just want to be able to make a freakin' phone call every now and then! How the hell hard can it be?

On Monday, I'm going to ring the number of the highest person in PC2 that I can find and rant till their ears bleed. Then I'm going to call the guy from PC1, who told me he'd make sure everything was such that I wouldn't be charged any fees for cancelling my contract, because the bill they've suspended my phone over contains $100+ of cancellation fees.

I swear if they don't get this sorted out without me having to pay the bill to PC1 - for a mistake that was not mine - I'm writing to every damn newspaper and tv current affairs program I can think of. Watch me take on two major telcos at once!

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Seriously, I think it's time to get Ray Martin involved...

8:18 am  
Blogger monica said...

Geez. How hard is it, ya know??? Unfortunately, I've never had a good turn with customer service for any phone company.

1:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E I think I have missed an important date resently. Hope you are well.
Rich

4:16 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

oh.my.god. It just seems like it should be easy but it never is. It just sucks that a landline is necessary.. maybe you and T can start talking through Yahoo Messenger with voice or Skype and just forget about phones!

hugs,
a

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home