Thursday, August 03, 2006

Computer says, "No"

T was unwell on Friday night and on Saturday for most of the day. I was cactus on Sunday for most of the day. If there was anything that could have gone wrong, or been misinterpretted over the weekend, it did.

However....we got to spend time together and that's the main thing. Aaand he did get moved to a room with a bath. Buuut we couldn't get dinner at the restaurant we wanted to go to. Never mind. We've learnt our lesson from not planning ahead.

He's coming here for the weekend on the 11th and I intend to plan nothing. (Yes, I realise that's completely contradictory to my last sentence. If we eat that weekend, food can come to us!)

I've caught some crazy throat virus thing that's going around. A lot of people from work have had time off. Considering I'm usually the one who's calling in sick, I'm pleased it's not been that bad that I've felt unable to drag my sorry butt into the office each day. I have discovered that Betadine gargle, once gargled and expectorated sinkwards, looks something akin to having a murder committed in one's bathroom. Thankfully, it also does the job of removing the knives from your throat. Now I just have a cough....the kind that would make a blind person think there was a seal in the room. Needless to say, I'm neither feeling nor looking particularly well today.

As fate would have it, I took last night as prime opportunity to apply for some jobs. I hadn't done so in a while and there were a handful that caught my eye. This morning, I received a phone call in response to one of my emails. The woman wanted to meet me "sooner, rather than later" and asked if this afternoon would be ok. I said yes, but logistics meant we couldn't meet at her office. However, she drives past mine to go home. So we're meeting for coffee in about half an hour. I still haven't figured out how to explain my need to leave work early, but I'll cross that bridge when I have to. I've never met someone from a recruitment agency outside of the agency before (that I can remember anyway). At least it'll get me out of doing their stupid computer tests for now. I warned her I wasn't exactly healthy today. I just need to not do my seal impression till she's decided I'm great and wants to put me forward for a job or two.

"I want that one!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

guess wut..that same dumb throat virus is driving me nuts too.

Keshi.

4:07 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Ack.....betadine...

Why WOULD ya?!
*shudder*

But it does give me great ideas for Halloween! :-D
(which is only 88 days away, btw)

Feel better soon, sealwoman!
And good luck with the meeting, eh?

11:28 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh, OH!!

AWESOME photos, btw--I love the wanna be penguin bird.....and the statue with the pages falling.

Wow.....

:-)

11:33 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

"Wannabe penguin bird" LOLOL! That be a cormorant. It just sat there and let me get to within about a foot of it. Unlike my cats who see the camera and run! LOL

http://www.birdphotos.com.au/littlepiedcormorantweb/index.htm

Keshi, hope you're feeling better soon. :-)

11:38 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Every time I read "Computer Says No" I hear "Asphincter Says What?"

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salt my girl! Salty water, warmed, does AMAZING things for clearing up the throat (and nasal cavity). Just don't do what I did and overpower the warm water with salt because that tends to make you gag and then choke and then go blue trying to catch your breath. :\

9:38 am  
Blogger monica said...

Ginger also works well for throats... honey and lemon, too.

Hope you're feeling better. ;)

9:55 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Toblerones work too ;)

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home