Saturday, July 08, 2006

Still

I think I've spent half of the last two weeks feeling like I've been turned upside down. It's such a strange sensation to have been feeling like parts of what I have with T have been reinforced and strengthened - the things we've been sure of, we're more sure of. Other things have had me in deep reflection.

I'm supremely tired right now and I'm not sure what I really want to talk about. I put him on a plane at lunch time today and this afternoon is the first time I've had any length of time to myself, to just do nothing, in the last couple of weeks. It's been good in a way, but it's just not the same when he's not here.

Funnily, he's always complained about Melbourne and our crazy weather. Perth is generally a lot warmer. After having spent a week here, despite it being cold and rainy, he and his co-workers all said they reckon the place is awesome and their company should move their office here. Ha! They loved the shopping and the restaurants and the architecture. It was kinda nice to go out last night with a bunch of people I'd never met before, some who hadn't been here before, have them say all good things about where I live. I dunno why that made me feel good, but it did.

After dinner, everyone wanted to go for a drink before going home, but it went kinda weird (too many different personalities trying to find a solution that would work for everyone), so T and I went for a couple of drinks by ourselves. We've never done that before. We stood at the bar and had a great conversation that helped us to reconnect...something we've been trying to do for two weeks with varying success. It was what we needed and made it much easier to part today.

Speaking of moving..... I don't know what I should say here really. Basically, it looks like the type of projects T works on will keep him busy for the next 6-12 months. After that, he has pretty much said he'll need to head overseas. Unless something goes seriously awry between us, that'd mean me going too. Scary to contemplate, but exciting too. No need to count chickens right now though. I'm happy to keep doing what we're doing and take whatever things come along, as they come along. Too much brain power spent on too many variables otherwise.

He absolutely drives me batty sometimes, but he has a kind heart and always the best of intentions. He's my best friend and I miss him already.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Glad things got worked out before he had to go.

We're trying to work out schedules too. I keep telling him we're smart people, we can figure it out. He just laughs. I wish the potential for our visits would be as frequent as they are for you. Right now, I barely dare to even suggest he spend Christmas with me. Moving is just so way off in the future, we're just trying to take things as they come.

Easier said than done. ;)

4:55 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I hate when I write something and then I lose it. Arrgh!

Its sounds like you had a good time with him, a nice long quality time to reconnect and enjoy your best friend. It's good that you felt closer to him as he was heading on his way - a good note to leave things on!!

And the photo! hubba hubba! Thanks for sharing him with us.

hugs,
a

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He's my best friend and I miss him already."

Honestly, I think that quote right there says everything that needs to be said. There's nothing better than being in love with your best friend!

Especially when your best friend is such a rugged hottie--it's so fabulous it should be illegal ;)

You can do this... just take it one day at a time.

6:21 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*hugs*

You two make great memories and have wonderful adventures.

AND ya take awesome photos.
(which ARE awesome, btw!)

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home