Thursday, May 11, 2006

When one saga (almost) closes....

....another re-opens.

Okay, so my phone company said they'd do what I want in relation to my contract with them...keep it, change it, or get out of it without any penalties or additional charges. After two days of driving myself crazy spreadsheeting my last 6 months of call costs etc, I've calculated that I'm better off ditching them altogether and going with another provider. If that provider allows me to connect with them for no charge (I doubt it, but gotta ask anyway!), I'll swap....if my current company will let me actually ditch them altogether. Not sure they will, but they've screwed me around for so long it would be understandable if I wanted to.

The next steps are for me to ring provider #2 and make sure the deal really will suit me - don't wanna get burned a second time - then call provider #1 and tell them that's what I want to do. I'm ready for this to be over now. At least I'm almost there.

While I'm at it, anyone remember that fateful day I spilt mineral water in my laptop? Well, I still haven't got it fixed and am using a loan laptop from work. The latest quote is $1,200 for a new motherboard and keyboard....which means I'll be using the loan computer for a while longer, till I figure out how to come up with that, or if I should just go ahead and buy a whole new laptop for not much more. My brain hurts.

Meanwhile, I got a call this morning from the woman at fault in the car accident I was in just after Christmas. It looks like this saga is now going to court. She wants me on her side. I'm not. She's trying to screw me over and she tried to blame me for the accident and she's trying to get out of liability for hitting the other driver in the first place. She said he said he was stationary when she hit him. That's the only thing I agree with her about. He wasn't. She also said her car was not able to be driven because of the chassis damage I caused to the rear of her car. This is soooo untrue, because I hardly scratched her car at all and she destroyed the front of her car when she hit the guy in front. Sigh....

Anyway, I called the other driver's insurance company and they've given me the phone number for their lawyers, coz I want to find out exactly what's going on and I don't want to talk to this chick again - I don't want her saying I told her things I didn't say.

T is understandably furious, as I am. If this woman had insurance NONE of this would be happening. Things like this just reinforce my opinion that it should be illegal to drive a car without at least a minimum of third party insurance.

Just for fun. Here are the pics T took of our cars. Mine's the blue one. Hers is the white one. Yeah, I really made her car unable to be driven! *rolling my eyes* Stupid woman! Wish I had pics of the front of her car and the back of the other one, but oh well...


5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

If anyone wants to know the Rego of Eve's car just let me know ;)

12:29 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha go ahead. That's the last of my worries right now. :-p

12:54 pm  
Blogger kT said...

GAH. Y'all don't have to have any insurance over there? It's required here. I have the basic minimum -- covers any damage I do to anyone/anything else and nothing for my vehicle.

Good call on the lawyers. And is there actually any damage to your car or hers? It's hard to see anything, so it must not be bad.

4:37 am  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Insurance is required in the states, although I'm sure a lot of people try to get by without it. Good luck with the whole situation!

5:26 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Third party insurance used to be included in vehicle registration, but they got rid of that. I guess the insurance companies make more money this way...well, they would in theory, if everyone did the right thing and insured themselves at least for any damage they do to anyone or anything else!

And yeah, her car is less damaged than mine. She's just got scratches. I have mainly scratches, but the impact damaged the grill in front of my radiator and my bonnet protector, so I need some parts replaced, not just resprayed.

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home