Friday, May 19, 2006

Huh?

It seems I have convinced myself of one thing, only to go and do the opposite.

I applied for two jobs. One is for casual work and I've said I'd be interested in weekends only - as a supplementary income - so we'll see how that goes. The other is a 6 month contract doing something I think I'd really enjoy and it's very close to home, but it's not something I've done before. In fact, neither of them are, which limits my chances of getting either. That doesn't worry me though. Both were impulse applications.

Granted neither are full time or permanent, but I'm still having those, "you really have no idea what you want to do" type thoughts.

I very much feel like I need to be doing something new or different right now, whatever it is. Preferable too, would be that it makes me money, instead of costing me money....I guess that's why I didn't think too hard before hitting the submit buttons.

I shouldn't do this kind of thing when my head hurts and I'm not thinking clearly. Or maybe I should. See? I have no idea about anything right now. I'm hoping that's just a passing symptom of PMS...

And in a case of perfect timing, this email just arrived...

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wanna know what keeps creeping in my mind when I read posts like these and the last one?

I keep thinking that I hope one day, my dear sweet E will learn to relish the calm.

You don't specifically write that you like upheaval, but whenever I read that you're in a point in your life where things are calm, you *seem* to look to make changes. Maybe I'm wrong though....

I used to be someone who felt completely uneasy unless there was some major action going on in my life (maybe an addiction to drama, for me). If it was calm seas, it made me REALLY uncomfortable.

Soooooooooooo, I moved a lot; changed jobs a lot; etc.

I think it was because I needed all of that constant upheaval so I'd never have quiet time.

I think that, for me, this ended about 7 or 8 years ago (you know- the transformation period), but I recognize it very clearly in other people because I was so enmeshed in it for most of my young adult life.

Now I understand what feeling serene is all about, and it's absolutely FABULOUS.

Thoughts? Am I off base? You know I love you, sweet girl...

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home