Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Appreciation

T does a lot for me. Not big things. Not extravagant things. Just little things, consistently. For me, it's the little things that add up over time and mean more than one big proclamation of (whatever).

If you're at all au fait with the 5 love languages, mine are words of affirmation and physical touch - yes, I have two. (Hardly surprising when you consider my childhood, really.) T hasn't read much of the book yet, but he already does a lot of the things I need. His 'languages', IMO anyway, are the same as mine, so fullfilling my needs comes fairly naturally to him.

Since he's so far away most of the time, I rely a lot on the things he says to me. The problem with having words of affirmation as my primary language, is that negative words are equally (if not moreso) as detrimental to me, as positive words are elevating.

Thankfully, the positive has always more than outweighed the negative, and so it should, in any relationship or other situation.

Others may not get the same kick from the things he gives me as I do, but I do, and really, the fact that he's thought about me and given me something that is very 'him', is what impresses me most. I love that the first thing he gave me was rocks. I love that he found me a piece of sandalwood when he was out the back of whoop-whoop, and bought me a swiss army knife to carve it with. I know the significance of him giving me flowers, and that means more to me than the flowers themselves. I give him credit for having the nerve to shop for a top for me, knowing what I'm like when it comes to shopping. It makes him feel good to make me a cup of tea first thing in the morning, when we're together. It makes me feel cared for. He's thoughtful, without having to think about it.

Nevertheless, it's words that mean the most to me, so I thought I'd share just a few. I know I don't normally post the more personal things about us here, but the boy deserves public recognition every now and then.

This is right. I want you in my life. I have no doubts. I want you to be over here with me. I love you so dearly. I would give the world to you if I could.....

You make me happy and make me want to be my best...

I love you baby and am always here for you....kiss you my special sweet pea...

Morning babe... Hope you had a good sleep and have a good day. I love you sweet pea lots and lots...

Because one was never going to be enough...
Love you. X [emailed with a photo of some flowers]


Little things. Big impact. How could a girl not feel special? :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Soum said...

yyou know its just awesome.. te stuff u ve written under this appreciation title is sooo amazing..
u know life will feel blissful if only ppl appreciated all te small beautiful and more important things!!!!!

2:20 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Well, I gotta say- he's a keeper!

3:17 am  
Blogger kT said...

He pays attention to what you want and need. And that says more than anything else in the world about him!

4:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous guy you've found there! It's so hard to find people that really "get" us, and how much easier is it to be happy once we're "gotten", ya know?

7:36 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Soum, thanks for commenting.

And I agree with all of you....he's pretty good. :-)

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home