Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hello world! Remember me?

I think T's voice is hypnotic. He rang me to tell me he had a 'today only' discount for a brand name store he has a membership for, and asked if I wanted anything. I checked their website and suggested three things he could buy for himself, but he made me look for girl clothes too. Lord knows how, but he managed to get me to tell him something I liked and he's bought it. I am SO unbelieveably finicky when it comes to clothes shopping and I'm astounded I let him purchase something for me that I've only seen a photo of (not even in the colour he's bought), but I took a punt on the size as well. So dangerous! Eh, well the purchase is conditional on being able to return it if it's not right...but still...

Anyway.....I'm back from my trip! I got in before the sun came up yesterday, got home, meant to sleep for an hour before I went to work, actually slept for about 3, and lasted about two and a half hours at work and headed home.

Today was better. I only got to work an hour late. My boss asked me how my trip was and if I was going to move to Perth. I made non-commital noises. He suggested I find a job first and live alone. I made more non-commital noises. He said I looked happy. I said I was. He said I had to get to work earlier next week. I said ok.

I took about 3 billion photos over the last week and a half. Ok, maybe not that many, but about 300. I'm not completely happy with a lot of them though. It appears I need to spend more time getting acquainted with my new camera, because a lot of the photos came out too bright (a little over-exposed?). Nevertheless, there are some really good ones and when I have some time over the weekend, I'll put them on the photo blog and let the world know they're there.

I had an awesome time with the boy. He took me to dinner the first night, then we drove to Bremer Bay (I couldn't find a website that does it justice, so no link) the next morning, which is about 6 hours drive from Perth and a truly picturesque place. We met friends of his there - another couple - and stayed in cabins at the beach for two days. The boys went fishing the first night while I got chatting with his mate's wife and we got on well. The boys caught about 22 or 23 herring, so they were suitably stinky when they got home. I went fishing with T the next night. I definitely fed more fish than I caught, but I did manage to keep at least 3 on the line. Apparently, I caught the biggest one, but he caught about 3 times more than me. Still, it was fun fishing in the dark with just a lantern and it wasn't all that cold - just as well!

We went shoe shopping for me on Saturday. The guy has guts and patience! I did find two pairs of shoes, which is a miracle for me, so we were both happy. Oh, and the shoe shopping was necessary because two pairs of my shoes that I took with me, busted, so I had to get new ones.

I met his other best friend and his wife Saturday night and we all went out to dinner. For the most part, it went exceptionally well, except for one incident at the end of the evening, but the world has moved on since then, so all is good.

Did lots of sight seeing in and around Perth for the rest of the time. .....And I met his parents who, he tells me, think I'm nice and his mum said I'm pretty hehe. I think we'll get on fine! Ha!

Gee, there's probably so much more to tell, but it's late and my laptop battery is about to sigh its final breath, so I'm off to bed. Besides, the pictures will tell it all much better than words.

He's coming here over Easter. I'm happy. :-)

More tomorrow....

5 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

Sounds pretty darn nice! So glad the trip went well and I truly like the way you didn't post the incident because it means you have gotten past. I found out I was a lot happier when I stopped journaling about stuff because it meant I wasn't dwelling anymore. Ok, it's not all about me! Anyhow, it sounds like a wonderful time!!!

xoxo

2:43 am  
Blogger monica said...

just glad to see ya back here. ;) memememememe- hahahaha. hugs!

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww E, glad to see you back and all! it sounds like you had an awesome time as usual with the boy :-D i had missed having a girl... now that I do, it's a nice feeling again, so I completely identify with you there :) i will have to check out your photos when you post them, for sure. also, hope the clothes fit and all, hehe.

2:57 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Evie's getting married! Evie's getting married! :)

5:31 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ian you made me laugh out loud and scare my cat! LOL You got inside info I don't know about?

A & M, you guys know it's all about you! hehe

Greyor, the girl in the shop told him he had 2 weeks if he wanted to return the top. I won't see him for 3, so I have to find a store over here to try one on, just in case. Nothing like having to go play dress ups and know I don't have to buy anything! hehe

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home