Saturday, October 22, 2005

Happy coulda-been anniversary to me

I have been preparing myself to be moody and irritable this week. Could have been my anniversary with C. Apparently, at some stage, he had grand plans to propose today. Funny though, when I learned that, I felt more like, "yeah, right" than any disappointment you'd expect me to feel. That's mostly due to the fact that his personality was so unrecognisable to me in the end, I just didn't know who he was anymore. Can't get excited about being proposed to by a stranger - and one who treats you so badly.

I was worried about how I'd cope if I was alone today, and I have been planning on keeping as occupied as possible. It's turned out that I am alone at home right now and I have no plans to see anybody either.

But I have had a great week, on a personal level. Work has been stupid busy, which is not how it normally is, except at this time of year, so it's been a relatively good distraction. Things going on outside of work have kept me in a happy and positive mood. I'll post about one situation in particular when it's more definite.

For now though, I'll just say I'm feeling good in general, I'm happy with the way a lot of things are going, I'm trying to just live in the moment and go with the flow. It's working pretty well, considering my normal tendency is to cover all bases and have contingencies planned for the next century.

Oh, before I forget, I should mention the guy I met in the club last Saturday, who wanted to take me to dinner. I had to cancel Wednesday night, because my boss wanted some work done for a meeting on Thursday morning, but we've talked briefly a couple of times and we'll probably catch up tomorrow night. To be honest, I'm not sure why I agreed to it, but I am trying to run with the attitude of just taking whatever situation presents itself to me and going for it. Worst case scenario would be the food is awful and we have nothing to talk about. Best case would be that the food is good and I get to chat with someone interesting for a couple of hours. Either way, nothing's really lost.

Soooo....hap-hap-happy anniversary to me. Tis the start of a new chapter and it's looking pretty good so far.....whatever happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

i'm hap-hap-happy that you're doing well.

mwwaahhh...!

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
matt@wefeelfine.org

6:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home